Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title : GENERAL MANAGER ,ICT – HRAD/ICT/04/06/2022
Open From : Jun 24th, 2022 00:00 | Close Date : Jul 1st, 2022 23:59
Job Type: Careers | Job Function : General Manager
Reports To: MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO
Reporting to the Managing Director & CEO, the job holder is responsible for positioning ICT (Information Communication Technology) as the greatest business enabler and a transformation tool that will create an agile, efficient, and effective organization in the execution of its mandate of providing clean and affordable electric power.
Job DescriptionDuties and responsibilities
- Developing and implementing ICT strategies, policies, systems, and innovations to support the implementation of business plans.
- Ensuring the development of a robust ICT networks infrastructure (hardware, software), networking components, operating systems (OS), and data storage required to operate and manage the enterprise IT environment which can be deployed within a cloud computing system or an internal system.
- Developing and implementing ICT application technologies: Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control System (DCS), Analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning ( ERP ) system, WorkflowGen, Enterprise Content Management (ECM), Website, Intranet, and mobile solutions to support the business processes.
- Safeguarding ICT infrastructure by developing security strategy, standards, and governance systems as well as disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity and mitigate against data loss, business disruption or breach of privacy of KenGen data, assets and information.
- Advising on strategic global ICT trends and innovations that the business can leverage on.
- Ensuring compliance with established Information Communication Technology standards, procedures, and regulations.
- Developing and providing ICT technical support related to hardware and software as well as ensure user education on use of ICT applications, software and equipment.
- Providing relevant and up to date ICT solutions to the business.
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budget.
- Implementing procurement plans for the department.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff using relevant human resource tools.
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years experience in a relevant field, five (5) years as senior manager in a large organization.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Communication Technology, or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Member of good standing in relevant professional body.
- Demonstrated high performance and leadership in previous roles.
- Fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of the constitution.
Interested candidates should submit application letters, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of certificates to Managing Director & CEO, Stima Plaza, Pension Plaza II, 10th Floor, P.O Box 47936 – 00100 Nairobi. The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope and application letter.
Applications can also be summitted to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Minimum Education Level : Masters