Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Title : GENERAL MANAGER, INTERNAL AUDIT – HRAD/IA/02/06/2022
Open From : Jun 24th, 2022 00:00 | Close Date : Jul 1st, 2022 23:59
Job Type: Careers | Job Function : General Manager
Reports To: MANAGING DIRECTOR & CEO
The General Manager is the Head of Internal Audit Department reporting functionally to the Audit Committee of the Board and administratively to the Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer. The job holder is responsible for providing independent and objective assurance on the effectiveness of KenGen’s internal controls, governance processes and risk management. to support the achievement of the organization’s strategic objectives.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Formulating and coordinating the implementation of internal audit and risk management strategies, policies, and plans.
- Providing internal audit reports to the Board Audit committee
- Assuring on risk control effectiveness, efficiency, adequacy, and risk management processes.
- Monitoring compliance with corporate governance and various laws and regulations impacting on the Company’s operations.
- Enhancing internal systems and controls.
- Compiling and issuing internal audit reports to Management
- Advising the Board of Directors and Management on the adequacy of the internal control systems in relation to risk management.
- Monitoring the implementations of audit recommendations and closure.
- Providing an independent view during implementation of new projects , processes and systems to ensure their quality and compliance with the organization policy and procedures.
- Testing the efficacy of the risk assessments systems and recommending improvements.
- Monitoring, reporting and assuring on the Company overall risk profile.
- Providing feedback and advice on effectiveness of risk assurance processes.
- Facilitating stakeholder engagement on internal audit processes to Management and the Audit Committee of the Board.
- Preparing, implementing, and monitoring departmental budget.
- Implementing procurement plans for the department.
- Coaching, mentoring, and developing staff using relevant human resource tools.
For appointment to this grade a candidate must have: –
- A minimum of fifteen (15) years in a relevant field, five (5) of which are at Management senior management level or equivalent in large organization.
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)(K) qualification
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) qualification
- Certified Internal System Auditor ( CISA) qualification will be an added advantage
- Membership to the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Kenya (ICPAK) or other relevant professional bodies.
- Demonstrated high performance and leadership in previous roles.
- Fulfill the requirements of chapter six (6) of the Constitution.
Interested candidates should submit application letters, detailed curriculum vitae and copies of certificates to Managing Director & CEO, Stima Plaza, Pension Plaza II, 10th Floor, P.O Box 47936 – 00100 Nairobi. The reference number of the job applied for should be clearly indicated on the envelope and application letter.
Applications can also be summitted to the following email: email@example.com
Minimum Education Level : Masters
You must be logged in to post a comment.