Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ACCOUNTANT, JOB GROUP KMR 6 – (2 POSITIONS)
This is the entry and training grade for Accountants. The Accountant will work under the guidance and supervision of a Senior Officer.
The duties and responsibilities of the officer will entail:-
- Preparing payment vouchers as well as revenue vouchers and submit for processing in accordance with the laid down rules and regulations;
- Maintaining registers of documents received by and dispatched from the department;
- Issuing receipts for monies received;
- Filling payments and receipt vouchers and ensure safety of accounts files;
- Filing simple statutory returns with relevant institutions;
- Entering in the system entries relating to revenues and expenses; and
- Maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers, vote books, registers and preparation of simple management reports e.g. imprest and expenditure returns.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce (Accounting or Finance option), Business Administration (Accounting option) or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certified Public Accountants (CPA) Part II or its equivalent;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
Key Skills and Competence
- Proficiency in IT
- Planning skills
- Analytical skills
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Team player and
- Ethical and integrity
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted