Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ASSISTANT PRINCIPAL CLINICAL RESEARCH SCIENTIST, JOB GROUP KMR 4 – (3 POSITIONS)
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Identifying research gaps in line with the Institute’s research priority areas;
- Development of research proposals in the relevant research thematic area;
- Implementing pre-clinical and clinical research projects and/or supervise designated aspects of the work;
- Conducting medical examinations and writing medical reports;
- General diagnosis, care, treatment and provision of specialized clinical care for study participants;
- Conducting community diagnosis, care and treatment during Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) activities;
- Establishing strategic partnerships for research, training, innovations, technology;
- Sourcing for grants to fund the approved research protocols;
- Supervising junior professional and technical staff attached to his/her pre-clinical and clinical research program,
- Monitoring and evaluating implementation of research projects;
- Writing manuscripts, reports and translating research findings into lay language;
- Disseminating and translating research findings for evidence based policy formulations and implementation;
- Identifying technology with potential for intellectual property protection;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- At least four (4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields;- Medicine and surgery, Dentistry, Veterinary, Pharmacy or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following fields;-, Clinical Medicine/ Surgery/ Dentistry, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Developed at least twelve (12) proposals, six (6) of which have been funded;
- Published at least six (6) articles in refereed journals with at least three article as the first or lead author;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Strategic thinking;
- Proposal writing skills;
- Analytical skills;
- Creativity and Innovativeness;
- Critical thinking skills;
- Research fundraising skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills;
- Networking and ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams;
- Team player
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted