Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
BIOSTATISTICIAN/BIOINFORMATICS, JOB GROUP KMR 6 – (1 POSITION – NAIROBI)
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a Senior Officer.
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Contribute to designing research projects that apply valid scientific techniques and use information obtained from baselines or historical data to structure uncompromised and efficient analyses.
- Assist in planning data collection methods for specific projects and determine the types and sizes of sample groups to be used.
- Assist in adapting statistical methods to solve specific problems in biomedicine and other relevant fields.
- Help develop and test experimental designs, sampling techniques, and analytical methods.
- Provide support for analysis and interpretation of statistical data to identify significant differences in relationships among sources of information.
- Participate in developing an understanding of fields to which statistical methods are to be applied to determine whether methods and results are appropriate.
- Help in evaluating sources of information to determine any limitations in terms of reliability or usability.
- Contribute to evaluating the statistical methods and procedures used to obtain data to ensure validity, applicability, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Help identify relationships and trends in data, as well as any factors that could affect the results of research.
- Participate in preparing data for processing by organizing information, checking for any inaccuracies, and adjusting and weighting the raw data.
- Contribute to reporting results of statistical analyses, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables.
- Help examine theories, such as those of probability and inference, to discover mathematical bases for new or improved methods of obtaining and evaluating numerical data.
- Support in presentation of statistical and non-statistical results using charts, bullets, and graphs in meetings or conferences to audiences such as clients, peers, and students.
- Assist in the processing of large amounts of data for statistical modeling and graphic analysis, using computers.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- Bachelor’s Degree in the following fields: Mathematics, Statistics, Biostatistics, Informatics, Computer Science or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution.
- Proficiency in statistical software application;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical and report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Good Team player
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted