Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS OFFICER, JOB GROUP KMR 6 (1 POSITION – NAIROBI)
This is the entry and training grade for graduate Officers in this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
- Creating awareness to the public on the Institute’s activities, services and products that ensures continuous flow of information about events and activities for public participation and engagement.
- Conduct educational and official visits in the institute through orientation within the Institute’s laboratories to offer guidance on relevant areas of interest to ensure the clients satisfaction and maintain good relationships.
- Circulate official communication to all members of staff through the corporate email to enhance internal communication and coordinate institute activities.
- Facilitate conferences, seminars and workshops through registration of participants and attending to visitors to ensure their needs are met and the events objectives are achieved.
- Prepare and maintain up to date research, corporate and financial publications, to ensure proper maintenance and safety for reference.
- Serve as a representative for the department in International Institutional for Standardization (ISO) matters by attending institutional meetings and ensuring implementation by colleagues for continuous improvement of professional standards.
- Handle customer inquiries through phone calls, personal visits and emails to ensure customer satisfaction on service delivery.
- Organize corporate social responsibility activities by preparing the annual calendar of events and participation to ensure positive publicity and good reputation of the Institute.
b) Person Specifications
For appointment to this grade, an officer must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following; Mass Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, International Relations, or any other equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution
- Membership to Professional body such as Public Relations Society of Kenya (PRSK), Media Council of Kenya (MCK) or Kenya Union of Journalists(KUJ); Marketing Society of Kenya (MSK) where applicable.
- Proficiency in computer applications;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Organizational skills
- Team building
- Negotiation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Organizational skills
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted