Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OFFICER, JOB GROUP KMR 6 – (1 POSITION- RESOURCES DEV. & KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT – NAIROBI)
This is the entry and training grade for Degree holders in this cadre. An officer at this level will work under the guidance and supervision of a Senior Officer.
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Identifying technology with commercial applications and recommend whether intellectual property protection should be sought;
- Implementing inter-institutional agreements;
- Monitor material transfer and confidentiality agreements to ensure compliance with statutory intellectual property reporting regulations;
- Providing information to KEMRI and external attorneys to assist in determining intellectual property patentability and to oversee adherence to application timelines;
- Evaluating software and copyright disclosures, identify and review existing and new contracts and file appropriate copyright registration;
- Preparing non-confidential disclosures and descriptions of intellectual property and related information for potential licensees;
- Supporting development, disclosure, protection, and exploitation of KEMRI intellectual property.
- Bachelor’s degree in any science field and/or any other relevant Social science qualification from recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Planning and Organizational Skills
- Communication Skills
- Ardent reader
- Networking and Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted