Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
LABORATORY ANALYST -JOB GROUP KMR 6 – (2 POSITIONS- CRDR, CPHR – NAIROBI)
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Receiving and scrutinizing laboratory requisition forms/specimens;
- Preparing clients for collection of specimens;
- Receiving/collecting, labeling and registering patient’s specimens;
- Preparing laboratory reagents;
- Examining specimens;
- Maintaining equipment and reagents;
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilization of apparatus;
- Writing and recording results;
- Processing the specimen according to the specified Standard Operating Procedures (SOP); and
- Disinfecting, washing and sterilizing laboratory apparatus;
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have: –
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience;
- Diploma in any of the following fields: Medical Laboratory Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Food Science and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology, Biotechnology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Medical Laboratory Sciences Laboratory Sciences, Analytical/Applied, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Sciences/Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) where applicable; or any other recognized regulatory body;
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists where applicable; and
- Proficiency in computer application;
- Demonstrated work performance and results;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical Skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted