Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
PRINCIPAL SECURITY OFFICER, JOB GROUP KMR 4 – (1 POSITION – NAIROBI)
The duties and responsibilities of the officer at this level will entail: –
- Initiating the development and enforcement of security policies and standards in line with the operating framework;
- Implementing the following security measures in full;
- Security Communication;
- Preparing Security Intelligence, and investigation Reports;
- Monitoring and evaluating the implementation of the security strategy in line with policies, processes and procedures to deliver business objective;
- Coordinating continuous information gathering and intelligence analysis with a view to developing preventive measures for enhanced security of the Institute assets and operations;
- Initiating training and monitoring outsourced security service providers to meet Institute security objectives and enhance performance;
- Initiating preparation of security training programs and
- Carrying out sensitization initiatives to enhance compliance with security standards and policies;
- Ensuring incident response planning and investigation of security violations, contributing to disciplinary and legal matters associated with such violations as necessary;
- Developing an up to date databank of security incidents and trends and reporting for management information and security action;
- Initiating programs and measures to prevent and eliminate encroachment; and
- Preparing and monitoring the section’s budgets.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:
- At least eight (8) years relevant work experience three (3) of which should have been in supervisory role;
- Bachelor’s degree in Security Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in Security Management, Criminology or any relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Served in the National Police Services, National Defense Forces and any other Disciplined Forces for a period of at least four (4) years.
- Diploma in Criminology or any other relevant and equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Higher National Diploma in Criminology or any other relevant and equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to Professional body;
- Membership to any one of the following Security Professional groups: – American Society for Industrial Security (ASIS), The Association of Fire Arm and Tool Mark Examiners (AFTE).
- Proficiency in Computer applications;
- Demonstrated professional competence and ability as reflected in work performance and results;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Strategic thinking and Analytical skills
- Strong Communication and reporting skills
- Strong managerial skills and ability to lead teams
- Mentoring, coaching and leadership skills
- Interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Team player
- Investigative skills
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted