Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
RESEARCH SCIENTIST, JOB GROUP KMR 6 – (2 POSITIONS – CGHR – KISUMU, CIPDCR – BUSIA)
This is the entry and training grade for this cadre for graduate employees. An officer at this level will work under guidance and supervision of a senior officer.
- Assist in the implementation of research projects and/or supervising designated aspects of the work;
- Assist in carrying out fieldwork and laboratory experimental procedures;
- Assisting in organization of the internal scientific seminars;
- Carry out experimental and/or developmental work under the supervision of a Senior Research Scientist or Assistant Principal Research Scientist;
- Assist in the interpretation and validation of results;
- Guiding visiting scientific students /students on attachment
- Assisting in maintaining the scientific laboratory in good working condition; and
- In consultation with Senior Technologist, ensuring that all chemicals, reagents and consumables are properly stored in the laboratory.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: – Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in computer application;
Key Skills and Competences
- Planning skills
- Communication and reporting skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted