Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR LABORATORY ANALYST -JOB GROUP KMR 5 – (3 POSITIONS CPHR – NAIROBI, LAB. SERVICES – NAIROBI, CGHR – KISUMU)
The duties and responsibilities at this level will entail:-
- Verifying, approving and recording laboratory findings;
- Supervising the disinfection, washing and sterilization of apparatus; and maintaining equipment and reagents;
- Archiving specimens of medical importance for reference;
- Preparing periodical reports;
- Preparing requisitions for procuring laboratory equipment, chemicals, stains and reagents;
- Maintaining laboratory registers and recording analyzed samples;
- Screen and assign work load, plan, prioritize and assign tasks and projects;
- Determining safe procedures, controls and implementing standard safety procedures;
- Participating in budget and procurement plan preparation;
- preparing Standard Operating Procedures;
- preparing work plans and periodical reports; and
- Identifying training gaps of laboratory Technicians and Technologists and recommending appropriate interventions.
b) Person Specification
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- At least four(4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following fields; Medical Laboratory Sciences Laboratory Sciences, Analytical/Applied, Chemistry, Biomedical Sciences, Applied Sciences/Biology, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Food Science and Technology, Medical Laboratory Technology or Biotechnology or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Masters of Science degree in any of the following disciplines: Medical Parasitology and Entomology, Clinical Chemistry, Haematology, Medical Microbiology, Clinical Cytology Histopathology, Immunology, Epidemiology, Laboratory Management, Molecular Sciences/Biology, Virology, Mycology, Biochemistry, Analytical Chemistry, any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution will be an added advantage;
- Registration Certificate issued by the Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board (KMLTTB) Where applicable;
- Valid practicing license from Kenya Medical Laboratory Technicians and Technologists Board where applicable;
- Supervisory Course not lasting less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Application;
- Demonstrated work performance and results;
Key Skills and Competencies
- Analytical Skills
- Communication skills and reporting skills
- Mentorship Skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Team player
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted