Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
SENIOR RESEARCH SCIENTIST, JOB GROUP, KMR 5 – (1 POSITION)
- Participating in defining research problems;
- Participating in planning of research activities and implementation of approved projects;
- Assisting in communicating and dissemination of scientific results;
- Participating in broad planning of research projects;
- Participating in interpretation and validation of results;
- Participating in supporting visiting scientific students /students on attachment.
For appointment to this grade, a candidate must have:-
- At least four(4) years relevant work experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines:- Biomedical Sciences, Analytical Chemistry, Applied Sciences, Public Health, any relevant Social Science, or equivalent qualifications from a recognized institution;
- Supervisory Course not lasting less than two (2) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Developed at least eight (8) proposals, four (4) of which have been funded;
- Published at least four (4) articles in refereed journals with at least two (2) article as the first or lead author;
- Proficiency in computer application;
Key Skills and Competences
- Planning and Organizational skills;
- Communication and reporting skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Creativity and Innovativeness;
- Critical thinking skills
- Team player.
Kindly attach your Curriculum Vitae, cover letter, copies of certified academic and professional certificates, testimonials and other relevant documents.
Please visit the KEMRI web site www.kemri.go.ke for more details on the advertisement.
Successful candidates will be required to fulfil requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
KEMRI is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity; persons with disability, women, youth and those from marginalized areas are encouraged to apply. KEMRI does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including application, interview and processing of offer letter. If asked for a fee, report such request immediately.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted