Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Apprentice Teacher (1 – 2 years experience) to teach our Pre-Primary classes for our Athi River Primary Campus. You will be responsible for continually developing your instructional practices and learning approaches. This will be achieved by working collaboratively with the resident teacher to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons. You are expected to eagerly engage in opportunities to take leadership over classroom initiatives.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century. Applicants who apply for this role should be available to start immediately.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Live the Nova Pioneer values and beliefs
- Actively engage with staff, students, and parents between 7am and 5pm daily
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons
- With the resident teacher, co-create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning, is developmentally appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students, and maintain an organized and focused learning environment
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Help to set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with resident teachers and Deans to enhance teaching practices
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events
- Coordinate, plan and lead an after school co-curricular activity for a variety of ages
- Plan, implement and supervise the curriculum for the class in accordance with school policies and philosophy.
- Work with the resident teacher as a team, being respectful of each person’s contributions and style. Going directly to the co-worker involved (rather than another co-worker) when concerns or conflicts surface.
- Leads ~20-30% (1-3) core content lessons. When not leading a lesson, supervises students
- Manages student behavior. Participates in following-up with persistent misbehaviors
- Execute necessary accommodations and modifications for the growth and success of all students
- Provide feedback to the curriculum design team about lessons you teach and the overall structure of a unit to ensure revisions are made
- Keep the classroom neat and tidy
- Alongside the resident teacher, prepare materials for lessons
- Facilitate parent communication in collaboration with the resident teacher
- Attend scheduled parent conferences
- Participate in rotation duty (student arrival, lunch, playtime and student dismissal)
- Document student’s academic work
Skills and Qualifications required:
- TSC certification and Degree in Education/ Diploma in ECDE/ P1 Diploma
- 1 – 2 years of teaching experience
- You have good working skills with technology such as Word, Powerpoint and Excel
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written and verbal communication.
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth
HOW TO APPLY
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here Now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
WORKING AT NOVAPIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels our work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.