Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Pharmaceutical Technologist
Department : Medical Centre
Reports to: Medical Centre Branch Manager
Who We Are
Penda Health is an award-winning company that is building the healthcare system of the future. We’re bringing quality and trustworthy healthcare to the next 100 million families in Africa. Our vision is for everyone on the continent to have healthcare they can trust. We have a team of over 400 employees who currently run 19 Medical Centres and treat over 300,000 patients per year.
The Pharmaceutical technologist is a team member who is passionate about providing and promoting primary health care services in Kenya and across the continent. You should apply if you believe you can provide compassionate, patient-centered, and evidence-based clinical services to clients at Penda Health. We expect you to create an outstanding patient experience for our clients, so that they know the value of having a primary healthcare physician and therefore choose Penda Health as their primary healthcare provider.
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
Offer amazing patient experience!
- Work with clinical officers to ensure safe, economical and rational use of drugs and other pharmaceutical products
- Treat patients with empathy and understanding.
- Listen to patients and make them feel heard.
- Go above and beyond in meeting patients’ needs.
- Maintains the highest regard for patient dignity and experience.
Manage a complex formulary
- Implement high standards of drug storage, usage, cost effectiveness and ensure cleanliness of the medicine storage areas by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Maintain pharmacy inventory by checking pharmaceutical stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed medications and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt; preparing labels and removing outdated drugs.
- Check the expiry dates of pharmacy drugs and adhering to the SOPs in place.
- Safeguard pharmacy stocks and conduct stock takes as per the standard operating procedures.
Be an amazing teammate!
- Protect patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Maintain knowledge and stay abreast of all the changes that occur in the Pharmaceutical field.
- Be an integral member of the whole medical centre team when it comes to providing an amazing patient experience, doing community outreach, and marketing Penda’s services.
- You are punctual to your point of work when scheduled, and you communicate with your manager in any situation where you are unable to keep time.
- Always be open to feedback from other medical centre teammates, and you offer constructive feedback to teammates as needed.
- Perform any other duties as required by the branch manager.
Qualifications and attributes for the position holder
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology and with a valid license
- Minimum 1 year experience in health or community related work.
- Ability to interact well with patients.
- Great team player with drive for results.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- General computer proficiency.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English & Kiswahili.