Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
As Rainforest Alliance we believe in the value of data. We want our organization and our stakeholders to be able to make data-informed decisions. Therefore, it is key that they can access the information they need in an easy, timely and digestible way.
To enable this, we’ve build a Data Analytics Platform (DAP) where we ingest data from multiple sources, integrate and serve it as information to the end users.
The Data Engineer will work closely with the data excellence team, reporting analysts, and business analysts, to build information pipelines. They will review and deliver on data source integration, data sets used for analysis, report layouts, and delivery processes. This will involve requirement analysis, data staging, ETL, data quality and archiving, in order to bring data from internal and external data sources to the intended users. We use Data Virtuality now and are moving towards Azure Data Factory.
The candidate should possess the technical skills to
- Understand relational and conceptual information modelling techniques, especially Data Vault and dimensional modelling.
- Build data pipelines using SQL and scripting languages
- Deliver and test data sets and reports to agreed levels of accuracy and completeness
- Design and build data warehouse components and quality monitoring solutions
- Maintain code bases and tools that make up the data analytics environment
- Understand processes that ensure structured and quality delivery
- Develop, maintain and improve the pipelines into the data analytics platform using procedural SQL, ETL, data virtualization, and databases
- Develop, maintain and improve the data connections between data sources and the data analytics platform, using Terraform and Azure tools, together with the data platform engineer
- Follow processes and maintain version control over the code assets within the data analytics platform
- Be an active participant in the sprint planning and goal definition activities within the Data Excellence team
- Review process, architectural, information and data models in collaboration with the Data Architect, Data Engineers, and the rest of the Data Excellence team
- 5 years of relevant data engineering work experience;
- Ability to program in procedural SQL, and automation using scripting languages
- Working experience with business intelligence platforms, data models, and test case design
- Working experience with Azure server infrastructure and Microsoft databases
- Working experience with Data Vault and dimensional modelling
- Experience with Scrum/Agile methodologies and working independently as a member of a virtual team
- Good communication skills with the ability to work with both technical and business minded colleagues;
- Pro-active attitude and an ability to remain organised under deadlines and see projects to completion.
- Experience of environments where improvements led to increased data flow and a reduction of lead times and errors
- English fluency
- Familiarity with topics relevant to the work of Rainforest Alliance and certification is a strong plus
- Experience with Data Virtuality software and ANSI SQL
- Experience with Azure SQL Data Warehouse (Synapse)
- Experience with Azure Data Factory
- Experience with infrastructure as code, especially Terraform
- Ability to build reports and datasets using Power BI, Power Query and DAX
- Experience with designing and consuming Rest API’s for loading data changes from source systems
- Experience with automated Business Intelligence test tools
- Ability to program in .net or Java and work with JSON and REST api’s
- Working experience of source code repositories such as GIT
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered