Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Rainforest Alliance is creating a more sustainable world by using social and market forces to protect nature and improve the lives of farmers and forest communities. To achieve our mission, we partner with diverse allies around the world to drive positive change across global supply chains and in many of our most critically important natural landscapes.
Our alliance spans 70 countries and includes farmers and forest communities, companies, governments, civil society, and millions of individuals. Together we work to protect forests and biodiversity, take action on climate, and promote the rights and improve the livelihoods of rural people.
As an international nonprofit organization with more than 30 years of experience in sustainability transformation, we understand that the social and economic well-being of rural communities is tightly connected to ecosystem health. This knowledge has shaped our rigorous programs to advance sustainable land-use and commodity production.
At the Rainforest Alliance we combat climate change, protect forests and biodiversity, promote human rights, and improve livelihoods. The enormity of the social and environmental challenges we are facing requires working together in a broad alliance. This is why we bring farmers, forest communities, companies, and consumers together to change the way the world produces, sources, and consumes.
To protect nature and improve lives it’s becoming increasingly urgent that we approach the way we use our land and produce food and other products in more sustainable ways. For this to succeed we need to fundamentally change the way that businesses operate and source, and the choices we all make as consumers.
Our growing global alliance aims to transform our relationship with our natural resources and each other, to create a better future for people and nature together.
The Rainforest Alliance encourages diversity and inclusion across the global organization. With this commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, disability and any other protected group.
At the Rainforest Alliance we are looking for a collaborative and results oriented Tea Market Development Manager to join the Certification Led Sectors team within Markets Transformation. The individual is responsible for embedding our tea sector strategy tea markets strategy with the global account management portfolio. In this role there is a particular emphasis on supporting the trader accounts in various countries, and on building emerging markets for tea. The individual will directly manage a select portfolio of global trader accounts and support them on all elements relevant to tea certification.
- Broaden and diversify Rainforest Alliance’s market reach by growing corporate sustainability commitments relevant to tea.
- Build current and new markets for certified/sustainable tea, both domestic and cross-border, and so drive the uptake of Rainforest Alliance tea in those markets and strengthen our value proposition in those markets as appropriate.
- Support tea account managers to ensure they are equipped to represent the full range of solutions Rainforest Alliance has in tea and drive deeper market engagement and impact.
- Work closely with all tea account managers to provide them with the necessary analysis and resources, especially in emerging markets
- Extract key market-specific insights that have a bearing on the implementation of the sector strategy and providing those to the tea Sector Lead and the Strategic Account Manager, Tea.
- Manage a portfolio of high-value / high-impact global trader accounts.
- Build specific account strategies for the global trader accounts to maximize opportunity for growth and impact.
- Regularly meet with the global trader accounts and partners to review progress against commitments, investigate opportunities for further collaboration and proactively address sector and supply chain risks.
- Build an understanding of and identify the opportunities in key priority tea markets to drive stronger engagement.
- Explore and package the business case for tea certification in key domestic and import emerging markets.
- Create and co-manage a tea emerging markets strategy within the tea strategy.
- Identify and build partnership opportunities in key emerging markets in tandem with local regional teams;
- Work closely with the Key Innovation Accounts Manager, Tea and also Marketing and Communications teams to align strategies between existing key accounts’ emerging market businesses to prove the business case for and strengthen uptake of Rainforest Alliance certified tea and other interventions and tools;
- Work with account managers across the Markets Transformation team to identify opportunities to drive deeper engagement and sales of certified / sustainable tea by leveraging the footprint key account companies have in emerging markets.
- Identify and develop the necessary analysis, resources, and systems for information sharing on the tea program to keep the global tea program relevant.
- Other duties, as assigned and as the role develops.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, Business Economics or equivalent in relevant field;
- 7 years of relevant experience, demonstration of experience in forging connections with diverse teams and finding innovative solutions to tap new markets;
- Understanding of the sustainability discourse in developing and emerging markets (beyond Europe) is a must;
- Experience in the tea supply chains and/or tea marketing a must;
- Proven experience in working in independent contributor roles;
- Superior analytical and communication skills, ability to synthesize and present complex analysis; and
- Ability to travel up to 20% per year, including internationally.
Commensurate with experience.
Deadline: July 15, 2022
Only candidates authorized to work in Kenya will be considered