Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
POSITION: STRATEGIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST
LOCATION: MAKUENI COUNTY
REPORTS TO: SI LEAD
Under the supervision of the Strategic Information Lead, the SI Specialist will provide technical assistance and capacity building to M&E and data management staff at Point of Service in support of SI activities. S/he will provide support to the M&E and data management components at the Point of Service level.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide specialized training to facility and other partner staff in Health Information Systems including IQCare and other databases
- Provide mentorship to site data clerks on HIV related M&E systems
- Provide support and data analysis training to health facility staff with focus on use of IQCare
- Conduct routine data management including data collection, collation, analysis and reporting
- Ensure that all national HIV related tools are available in supported facilities and health care workers are mentored to use them appropriately
- Data analysis, generating of reports and presentation to the program on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis to inform the program/donor/MOH
- Develop and revise M&E processes and related tools that support quality assurance for key program areas
- Provide capacity building and other forms of support to site-level staff on M&E activities such as data collection, analysis and interpretation
- Conduct data quality assessments with strategic action plans and share assessment findings for improvement
- Conduct targeted site visits to provide mentorship on all issues related to Strategic Information
- Conduct data quality control/assurance activities
- Manage project databases and generate reports for donor reporting and project management
- Develop SQL queries and related activities
Qualifications and professional skills
- A Bachelor’s degree in Science, Health Information Systems, Public Health, Health Informatics, Statistics, Mathematics or any other relevant degree.
- A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Training in M&E from a credible institution is desirable
- A minimum of three (3) years’ experience working with HIV data systems
- Strong analytical skills
- Advanced computer skills including advanced excel, MS Access, PowerPoint etc.
- Training in a statistical data analysis software is desirable
How to Apply:
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 30th June 2022. Applicants are advised to include the title “STRATEGIC INFORMATION SPECIALIST” on the subject line.
The Center for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (CIHEB)-Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.