Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req28619
Job Title: Driver
Sector: Supply Chain
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Location: Kapenguria, West Pokot, Kenya
To provide all necessary safe driving and fleet management in support to the field project activities in Dadaab field office and proceed with maximum efficiency while adhering to IRC’s Supply Chain Vehicle and Equipment requirements as per the Manual.
- IRC Drivers are responsible for
- The safe transportation of IRC personnel
- The safe transportation of IRC materials
- The care and maintenance of IRC vehicles and their accessories
- Accurate filling and on vehicles onboard documentation.
Key Result Areas
- Adhering strictly to the IRC’s vehicle policies and procedures, including the use of seatbelts by all passengers.
- Daily and pre-long distance vehicle checks, accurate upkeep of the vehicle’s log sheet.
- Keeping vehicles cleaned, fuelled and mechanically maintained.
- Checking and maintaining all vehicle accessories advising the Transport Officer of any defects or problems.
- Updating vehicles on board tools, equipment including, jacks, spare wheels, wheel spanners, stereo, VHF/HF radios.
- O level of education
- Valid driving license
- Written and spoken English
- Pass score on IRC driving test
- Two years’ work as a professional driver
- No road safety-related fines or convictions
- Thorough knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Skills in minor vehicle repair
- Competent in spoken and written English
- Basic numeracy
Standards of Professional Conduct: The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
Gender Equality: IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowance.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply. International allowances are not available for this position. Salary and employee benefits are compliant to the Kenyan NGO Sector.
IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability.