Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Job Ref. No. JHIL035
Position: Head of Actuarial and Analytics
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA-in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Head of Actuarial and Analytics within Jubilee Health Insurance Limited. The position holder will report to the Chief Executive Officer – Jubilee Health and will be based at the Head office in Nairobi.
The main purpose is to evaluate and provide advice to the health company actuarial matters including but not limited to technical provisions, product development and pricing activities, Risk modelling underlying the Solvency Capital Requirement, adequacy of reinsurance arrangements and compliance with related statutory and regulatory requirements.
Reporting to the CEO, isolate and identify areas of improvement, and work with management on actuarial and analytics. Shall be responsible for:
- Providing advisory on the insurer’s actuarial and financial risks; on the adequacy of the technical provisions and other liabilities and guidance on the insurer’s solvency position.
- Evaluating and providing advice on risk modelling and use of internal models, where applicable, on the insurer’s solvency position and guidance to the Board on the selection of key actuarial assumptions.
- Providing expertise and influence decisions on actuarial matters for the Board.
- Pricing of insurance contracts including reviewing and opining on existing underwriting policies.
- Product development and pricing.
- Providing guidance on adequacy of reinsurance arrangements
- Maintaining, developing, and distributing actuarial reports.
Underwriting, Data and Analytics Functions
- Define and set standards for customer and business data requirements for underwriting and business performance monitoring.
- Provide regular and insightful business intelligence reports relating internal business performance, industry performance and emerging global trends.
- Working in conjunction with IT and various business teams, create relevant performance monitoring dashboards to support real time decision-making
- Ensure that set underwriting policy controls are adequate and that the same are implemented through our underwriting systems and processes.
- Analytical Skills
- Financial modelling
- Reporting skills
- Project Management.
- Communication skills.
- Business acumen
- Market Awareness
- Continuous Innovation
- Ownership & Commitment
- Team Spirit
- Degree in actuarial
- At least an Associate member of either institute or Society of Actuaries or a minimum of 12 exams passes.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite and packages
Minimum of 6 years’ experience, with excellent actuarial and analytical skills.
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 30th June 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted