Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The Rockefeller Foundation’s mission—unchanged since 1913—is to promote the well-being of humanity throughout the world. Today the Foundation advances new frontiers of science, data, policy, and innovation to solve global challenges related to health, food, power, and economic mobility. As a science-driven philanthropy focused on building collaborative relationships with partners and grantees, The Rockefeller Foundation seeks to inspire and foster the large-scale human impact that promotes the well-being of humanity by identifying and accelerating breakthrough solutions, ideas and conversations.
This position will work with the Director – Operations to review and update the Africa Regional Office (ARO) Operations Strategy and plan. The Operations Associate will collaborate with the various team leads to ensure their needs are met to facilitate the attainment of short and long-term goals. In addition, this role will contribute to the preparation and roll-out of the ARO Operations annual plan.
Location and Duration: This is a 12-month fixed-term position based in Nairobi, Kenya. Applicants must be authorized to work in Kenya.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Research into and provide operations input for operations policy, planning, and strategy decisions
- Support the Director to develop, implement, and review operational policies and procedures for the Africa regional office
- Support the Director in managing the on-call roadside rescue service and related training sessions
- Liaise with the host ministry to process exemptions and privileges as provided in the Host Country Agreement and maintain necessary relationships
- Support the Director in managing contracts and service reviews for local travel on-call taxi services
- Act as the travel liaison for the Africa Regional Office including managing the travel workflow, travel medical provider (currently CIGNA), and the International SOS Portal
- Supervise the administrative staff and draw up relevant duty rosters
Procurement and Financial Management
- Responsible for procurement in line with the Global Procurement Process
- Ratification of procurement invoices ahead for payment processing
- Provide Budgetary input in line with the foundation budget cycle for all procurement and operations services
- Manage the maintenance and functionality of the office space even while we continue to work in a primarily remote office environment
- Maintain office space, equipment, and supplies, and liaise with building contacts and primary lessee
- Allocate sitting spaces and parking slots for both vehicles and bikes
- Focal point for the Meeting Room Management System
- Interface, track, and manage relationships with multiple vendors that provide services to the foundation including service review and contracts management
- Ensure adequate stock of stationery and office groceries are maintained and implement an efficient re-order system in liaison with the facility management supervisor
- Manage office access (keys distribution), assist with and provide training on the use of office equipment in liaison with IT where required
- Monitor mail and package deliveries and organize the distribution
- Ensure applicable health and safety procedures are followed in the office
- Administer internal communication systems, organization insurance policies, and org-wide subscription services & software in collaboration with departments
Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations Management, Finance, or other business-related fields; Master’s Degree preferred
- Professional qualification in Finance/ Accounting qualification will be an added advantage
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in finance, operations, or a similar capacity
- Solid understanding of financial management, general finance and budgeting, and cash-flow management
- Proficiency in MS Office and experience with Great Plains Software preferred
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, ability to comfortably liaise and work with a diverse array of people from across the globe, as well as an ability to work with different working styles
- Strong ability to help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale within the team and the organization
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize work and solve operational matters promptly
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Ability to maintain the confidentiality of information
- Desire to grow and excel in organizational management functions
Qualifications and Competencies
- Leadership: Vision, innovation, thought leadership, collaboration, integrity, accountability, and emotional intelligence
- Partnership and Relationship Building: Strong professional representation of the Foundation, interpersonal relationship abilities, intercultural knowledge and appreciation, strategic partnership building
- Communication: Interpersonal communication abilities; exceptional listening skills, written and oral skills
- Decision-Making: Ability to evaluate risks and opportunities, using analytical and strong problem-solving skills
- Execution: Strong project management skills, deadline management, sense of responsibility and accountability, and the ability to effectively multi-task
- Integration: Ability to demonstrate inclusiveness, collaboration, respect, and broad organizational interests
- Strategic Ability: Ability to see opportunities, design innovative approaches backed by strong analysis and planning
- People Management: Skills in team building, coaching, mentoring, delegating, inspiring, and motivating
As an organization, we focus on six values to advance our culture and continue our success. We are dedicated to being Transparent, Optimistic, Accountable, Collaborative, Trusted, and Equitable. We operate from a strong commitment to equity, diversity, and inclusion in everything that we do. It’s not only the right thing to do – we couldn’t make an impact without the diverse perspectives and experiences of our team members. We expect all employees at the Foundation to contribute by developing their unique perspectives and talent, challenging conventional wisdom through evidence and reason, and amplifying marginalized voices.
The Rockefeller Foundation is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and to compliance with all federal, state, and local laws concerning employment discrimination, including the Americans with Disabilities Act. To this end, the Foundation ensures equal opportunity to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, lawful alien status, physical, mental, and medical disability, veteran status or liability for service in the United States Armed Forces.
The Rockefeller Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.