Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Responsible for ensuring compliance with internal Credit Policies and Procedures and facilitating prudent Credit Management of Credit Risks in line the CBK prudential guidelines. He /she shall safeguard the institution against loss by ensuring accuracy, completeness and credit worthiness of all the proposals for loan facilities and recommend appropriate risk mitigation mechanisms.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Management of credit risks through analysis and recommend approvals for facilities within the Institutions tolerable risk levels.
- Ensure quality credit underwriting that maintains PAR of the portfolio within internal thresholds.
- Performing quality assurance checks on revenue assurance and system surveillance on loan modules.
- Ensure high turnaround time (TAT) for Credit proposals.
- Ensure that all appraisal decisions meet the agreed SLA.
- Ensure all disbursed consumer loans are forwarded to employers for booking and payments are collected/remitted in time.
- Co-ordinate efforts together with Risk, Internal Audit, Credit Administration and Branches to ensure adherence to the Bank’s Credit Policy and lending guidelines.
- Work closely with the Head of Credit and Head of Risk & compliance to maintain appropriate credit risk management culture.
- Review loan security margins as per the existing market trends and advice the management on any necessary reviews.
- Recommend policy reviews for customer experience improvement and risk management improvement based on experiences and industry trends.
- Performing quality assurance checks on revenue assurance and system surveillance on loan modules and report anomalies noted.
- Recommend credit policy reviews in line with Market changes.
- Monitoring developments in the Regulatory and operating market environment and propose changes to products and processes from time to time.
- Able to train and mentor other staff.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A minimum grade of C+ (plus) in KCSE.
- An undergraduate Bachelor’s degree in a Business related field from a recognized institution.
- Relevant professional training in Credit management with advanced Knowledge on Credit risk assessment approaches and models.
- Qualifications in accounting or Finance and knowledge are an added advantage.
- At least 5 years relevant experience a reputable Financial institution, in Credit appraising SME, Group, Individual Micro and consumer loans.
- Statistical knowledge is mandatory.
- Proficiency in computers is mandatory and knowledge or T24 Banking system will be an added advantage.
- Ability to effectively analyze and interpret financial statements.
- Clear understanding of microfinance/banking industry and Regulatory framework is an added advantage.
- Good interpersonal & communication skills with excellent customer service.
- Self-driven and possess the ability to work with minimum supervision
- Applicants must be committed to Christian values with a passion to serve.
- Aged between 30 and 40 years
HOW TO APPLY
The full job profile is on the website and qualified and interested candidates who meet the criteria should download the “Job Application Form” at www.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to email@example.com on or before Friday, 8th July, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.