Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
To develop a functional banking management operating model and framework in a broadly defined business functional strategy; enabling horizontal implementation and adoption.
Head of Investment Banking Division (“IBD”): East Africa
Overall Job Purpose
The Head of Investment Banking Division East Africa will be required to develop and implement an East African IBD strategy as part of a Pan Africa IBD Platform. This will be delivered in partnership with other CIB Business Units and IBD Product Teams.
Simplify and ensure delivery of market leading regionally relevant Investment banking solutions, product design, co-ordination, and execution, with a prioritization for delivering suite of Investment Banking. The Head of Investment Banking East Africa will oversee the decisions with regarding to targeted origination, product development and capital allocation with other key stakeholders across the firm, to create synergies and leverage off the client coverage team and other marketing channels, with the aim of increasing the profitability of the area.
East Africa Region includes the following countries – presence countries of Kenya, Uganda & Tanzania & non presence of Ruanda and Ethiopia
Strategy and Planning
- Develop and implement a strategy for Absa CIB’s IBD offering in East African Market.
- Ensure the allocation of resources across the business area to ensure that strategic and tactical plans are always enabled and provide the team with the guidance and coaching support needed for them to ensure that the overall strategic objectives for the area are met.
- Continuously evaluate the external environment and assess the impact on the area’s activities.
- Lead the decisions with regards to IBD East Africa product development and origination and engage with other stakeholders across the firm, to create synergies and leverage off the client coverage team and other marketing channels, with the aim of increasing the profitability of the area.
- Monitor the effectiveness of all strategic initiatives to ensure delivery thereof
- Originate transactions across East Africa
- Drive transaction origination; focus on revenue-generating opportunities.
- Coordinate closely with the Coverage and Pan Africa IBD to ensure seamless delivery to clients.
- Oversee the implementation of special projects within the area.
- Develop relationships with existing and potential clients.
- Meet performance targets and objectives.
- Provide reports such as transaction updates, marketing activity and so on as required.
- Execute the business plan for the business area including development of strategies, client segmentation, marketing plans, and execution criteria.
- Read and understand applicable compliance policies and procedures and seek to follow best practice.
Drive Business Performance
- Implement performance controls to proactively measure achievement against strategic targets and address changes or non-performance.
- Drive sustainable cost and processing efficiencies through continuous innovation, industry benchmarking and alignment to best practices.
- Together with the People & Culture team, determine the people management strategy for the area with a focus on talent acquisition, management, development and retention. Communicate and implement the strategy.
- Continuously coach and mentor the team to support goal setting and talent development to meet the team’s objectives in a way that is consistent with Absa’s values.
- Enable and drive the diversity and transformation agenda
Education and experience required
- Degree in Finance/ Investment Banking (Preferable)
- At least 10 years investment bank experience in a front office role
- Keen financial mind
- Deciding and initiating action
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Relationship building and networking
- Persuading and influencing
***Application Deadline – 5 July 2022***
EducationBachelor`s Degrees and Advanced Diplomas: Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)