Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
JOB TITLE: Manager – Finance and Administration
REPORTING TO: Chief Executive Officer
PLACE OF DUTY: Nairobi, with occasional international travels
1) Job Purpose
Faith to Action Network seeks a Finance & Administration Manager to lead its finance, human resources and administration. The person ensures that human resources, administrative and financial functions support the timely and effective implementation of Faith to Action Network’s projects. With the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance & Administration Manager ensures that resources are allocated and used in compliance with contractual requirements, applicable FCDO, DMFA, GIZ, USAID, EU and other donor regulations, and appropriate Faith to Action Network procedures. In close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer, s/he supervises staff and partner compliance with finance requirements. S/he establishes and adheres to recruitment and procurement integrity standards in all activities and is responsible for raising the awareness of staff regarding procurement integrity regulations.
The Finance and Administration Manager is part of the Senior Management Team. This is a full-time position based in Nairobi and the salary is competitive and commensurate with the seniority of the appointment.
2) Areas of responsibility
The Finance and Administration Manager ensures an effective finance, HR and administration function, in close collaboration with the Chief Executive Officer. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide strategic recommendations to the Chief Executive Officer regarding the financial, HR and administrative implementation of the strategic plan.
- Plan, manage and monitor Faith to Action Network financial resources.
- Ensure that Faith to Action Network meets FCDO, DMFA, GIZ, USAID, EU and other donors’ financial reporting requirements in compliance with Kenya laws, and produce all required financial and administrative reports in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Faith to Action Network’s audit and other financial obligations are fulfilled as per organisational standards and government requirements.
- Manage all administrative and office operations, including procurement, inventory and maintenance of equipment, supplies and services, ensuring that processes provide value for money.
- Review, implement and monitor finance, HR and administrative policies and procedures as required and ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Manage human resources in compliance with Faith to Action Network HR manual and applicable labour laws and regulations, and support the Chief Executive Officer in staffing decisions.
- Ensure efficient ICT and telephone systems are in place.
- Prepare annual budget and quarterly financial reports for approval by Finance and Audit Committee of the Faith to Action Network Steering Council/Board.
- Responsible for grant management processes. Manage subgrants to partners, and ensure their financial compliance with Faith to Action Network and or donors’ regulations.
- Participate in resource mobilisation, in particular costing of project proposals.
- Develop and monitor annual budgets and cashflow schedules.
- Prepare periodical reports that compare budgeted costs and actual costs, including year-end close and annual accounts.
- Lead financial audit process and participate in audit reviews.
- Build capacity of staff, Network members and partners in financial management, reporting and other compliance issues.
- Oversee the administration of bank accounts to ensure the adequate allocation of funds. Reconcile multi-currency – cashbook with bank statements and check verifiable documents on a monthly basis. Plan, coordinate and assure the payment of salaries, and manage withholding and remittance of statutory deductions eg. PAYE, NHIF, NSSF & DIT. Supervise management of petty cash, assuring all purchases are properly documented. Prepare cheque payments and ensure that payments are made against verifiable accounting documents.
- Ensure accurate and timely posting of data into the accounting system – SUN LEDGER i.e payments, various journals types and receipts. Lead monthly standard accounting submissions, including general ledger files, account reconciliations, expenditure by cost center/project, required sub-grantee reporting, as well as other financial information on a timely and accurate manner.
- Work with Faith to Action Network secretariat team to develop costed workplans, procurement plans, prepare finance requests as per budgets and also follow up on reimbursements and surrender imprest. Ensure compliance with procurement policies and procedures for all goods and services.
- Coordinate HR processes, including planning, recruitment, contracting, annual appraisals.
- Enforce Faith to Action Network’s and sub grantees’ compliance with FCDO, DMFA, GIZ, USAID, EU and other donors’ rules and regulations, pre-empt problems, and advise senior management on solutions and recommendations.
- Overall responsibility in grant management processes. Manages several sub-grants, including selection, due diligence assessments and contracting of sub-grantees. Manage grants to partners by ensuring timely disbursements of funds and adherence to agreed activities and objectives in the signed contracts, and enforce partners’ accountability. Enforce and monitor subgrantee financial reporting and compliance.
- Develop and implement co-funding and pre-financing strategies for Faith to Action and partners
- Contribute to resource mobilization activities including preparing cost proposals and budgets;
- Contribute to strategic review, planning, and development of the organisation as a whole.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with all staff members, project partners, Faith to Action network members and contacts outside the network.
- At different times, support Chief Executive Officer with any other tasks assigned.
4) Person Specification
- Master in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- CPA K/ACCA or equivalent qualification
- A senior finance professional with excellent financial management and strategic experience and skills.
- At least six years’ experience in financial management of FCDO, DMFA, GIZ, USAID, EU and other donor funded projects.
- 10 years’ experience of working in INGO, progressively taking up senior management positions • At least six years’ experience in grant and compliance management and reporting.
- Previous experience of wider support functions, including logistics, HR and Admin desirable.
- Proven experience in developing bids and cost proposals
- Experience with team management and supervision is required
- Excellent English language skills (oral and written) required;
- Excellent knowledge of financial management systems, SUN systems and financial regulations required;
- Excellent finance, accounting and controlling skills, including financial planning required;
- Ability to facilitate and capacity build in finance for finance and non-finance staff; knowledge of Kenya labour and tax laws and reporting procedures desired;
- Very good computer skills, advanced XLs skills required.
- Strong attention to detail;
- Enjoys financial work, reviews and analysis;
- Willing and able to travel extensively to Kenya’s arid and semi-arid counties;
- Able to work in fast paced work environment;
- Able to prioritize and deliver outstanding and complex work requirements;
- Responsible and systematic, able to plan, pre-empt and meet deadlines;
- Ability to function with strategic rather than day-to-day supervision
- Ability to take initiative and responsibility for your work;
- Ability and willingness to travel nationally as required, up to 50%.
- Outstanding work ethics and integrity;
- Sound judgement;
- Able to reflect and learn;
- Practices a hands-on approach to finance management;
- Optimism, cheerfulness and an interest in other people.
Applications should be submitted to: HR@faithtoactionetwork.org
The deadline for applications is 5th July 2022.
Applications should include a full curriculum vita (including comprehensive details of key achievements and responsibilities, a list of references and current salary) along with a covering letter addressing the job description and person specification and indicating motivation for the role. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Faith to Action Network is committed to equal opportunities and cultural and religious diversity. Candidates from all sections of the community are welcome to apply. Candidates must have the right to work in Kenya. This requirement will apply to all applicants irrespective of their nationality.