Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Assistant Manager – Service Desk
The Job holder is responsible for coordinating and managing, shared services, central planning and ensuring service request fulfilment
Ensure resolution of tickets within the prescribed Internal Standards
- Ability to deal with complex incidences and problems
- Provide prompt feedback to users on resolution of issues and manage relationships.
- Coordinates with other ICT Sections on resolutions of issues.
- Review the unit’s KPIs, procedures and processes to guarantee their relevance as well as ensure continual improvement.
- Define incident and service request classification, prioritization schemes and criteria for problem registration to ensure consistent approaches for handling, informing users about and conducting trend analysis.
- Generate unit’s monthly reports that show trends incidents, compliance to SLAs and achievement of KPIs.
- Coordinate Corporate initiatives within the unit such as Audit, Integrity, QMS and Risk Management
- Responsible for performance. Set KPIs and/or internal standards and ensures customer expectations are met
- Oversee IT related requests are efficiently handled and monitored until resolved to satisfaction of the users.
- Spearhead proper functioning of all the working tools at the service desk.
- Develop, mentor, coach and promote talent growth among staff in order to support business through excellent customer service
- Ensure good working relation and coordination of service desk staff with Manager Service Desk and other Sectional/Divisional staff.
- Develop annual work plan with performance targets assigned weights.
- Work closely with the supervisors to ensure achievement of performance targets at the service desk and the incident management processes.
- Gather information on system disruptions and resumptions through Hotspot report from & to Business contacts and heads of the divisions/CSS team one.
- Ensure countrywide sensitization of users on available ICT tools every financial year.
- Ensure compliance to ISO (9001/2015 and 27001/2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or any other IT related field
Master’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related Postgraduate degree will be an added advantage
The post holder should have at least one of the following preferred certifications
- Microsoft SharePoint Administration
- Project Management e.g. Prince2, PMP
- CompTIA A+, CompTIA N+
Relevant Work Experience/ Technical Skills Required
The post holder should have at least four (4) years’ progressive experience in a busy IT environment, with at least one (1) year at Supervisory role in a large or busy organization
- Competence in Windows Active Directory Management Tools plus creation and deployment of Group Policy Objects
- Conversant with process automation and experience working with automation tools such as MS SharePoint, System Center Configuration Manager(SCCM) or System Center Operations Manager (SCOM), IBM Service Management Tool (ITSM)
The job holder must:
- Possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Capable of making decisions in complex situations
- Display excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exhibit exceptional organisational and administrative skills
- Possess good negotiation skills
- Have good business knowledge
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th July 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to email@example.com
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)