Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Supervisor – Domestic Taxes Business Application Support
The job holder is responsible for;
- Maintaining operational readiness and efficiency of business systems by providing permanent solutions for identified system issues and incorporating identified changes/enhancements
- Preparing and implementing user training/knowledge transfer programmes
- Providing general support to respective business system users by fulfilling general user requests
- Carry out analysis, categorization and escalation of issues reported. Prepare data correction scripts and escalate enhancements and defects to developers and issues requiring clarification to business transformation offices
Key Responsibilities Provides support to business lines by analysing escalated system issues and designing cost effective solutions that meet business requirements
- Analyzes business functional and non-functional requirements, organizes and models them into technical requirements specifications and System Use Cases (SUCs)
- Develops System Changes Requests (SCRs) based on Requests for Change (RFCs) and detailed analysis of RFC requirements and submits to developers
- Validates and verifies business requirements and ensures that they map to the real business needs and that they meet essential quality standards
- Analyzes trade-offs between systems usability requirements and performance needs and advises stakeholders on the most optimal implementation strategy
- Identifies and proactively fixes system issues through monitoring and early detection of potential issues
- Reviews systems technical requirements specifications and System Use Cases (SUCs) with stakeholders and incorporates identified recommendations
- Ensures that new technical requirements for business systems are properly integrated with existing processes, systems and skill sets
- Analyses and documents existing business systems, business processes and business models and regularly reviews them to ensure continued relevance
- Coordinates resolution of reported system incidents/general user requests and provides technical guidance/assistance required
- Analyses and documents identified risks likely to affect business systems, risk mitigating measures and prepares reports of findings to provide input to business systems acquisition strategies
- Ensures that tasks assigned are resolved within internal standards
- Coordinates user demos for automated processes and change requests
- Reviews training /knowledge transfer programmes and seeks approvals for implementation
- Coordinates user training and user support programmes
- Maps and documents interfaces between legacy and new replacement systems in order to guide systems transition initiatives
- Ensure conformity to ISO (9001:2015 and 27001:2013) and data security requirements.
Academic and Professional Qualifications
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Telecommunications or any other IT related field.
Professional Certification or Training in any one of the following areas is required:
- Systems Development i.e. Java Programming, Web Design and Development, Oracle Developer etc.
- Business Systems Analysis i.e. CBAP Certification / Training
- Systems Modelling and Design Techniques
- Process Modelling and Design Techniques
Certification or training in any of the following areas will be an added advantage:
- Training in middle level management / Supervisory Skills courses.
- IT Governance i.e. ITIL or COBIT 4/5
- Project Management i.e. PMP or Prince 2
- Training or Certification in Database Administration i.e. Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL or Microsoft SQL Server.
Training in operating systems i.e. Windows, Linux or Unix.
Technical Skills Required:
The Job holder must have:
- Working knowledge of Oracle development and database management tools
- Working knowledge in Java programming language and PL/SQL
- Working knowledge of structured programming and database design concepts
- Working knowledge of web based technologies (HTML, XML, XHTML, DHTML, SOAP, JSON, etc.)
- Working knowledge of internet and messaging protocols i.e. HTTP, FTP, SOAP and REST
- Working knowledge of web development tools (Dreamweaver, Microsoft.NET, Drupal, Joomla, etc.)
- Working knowledge of Linux/Unix and Windows operating system platforms
- Working experience with relational databases (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server)
- Working experience with scripting languages i.e. Structured Query Language (SQL) skills
- Knowledge of system design and modelling techniques
- Working knowledge of systems design and modelling tools (Enterprise Architect, TraceCloud, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of the following tools: process modelling (MS Visio, etc.), Project Management i.e. MS Project and Presentation i.e. MS PowerPoint
Relevant Work Experience Required
Proven experience in implementing and supporting business applications. Experience in supporting tax administration systems will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in integration of business systems in a similar large organization.
- At least Three (3) years post qualification experience in systems analysis and support of large enterprise applications.
The Job holder must:
- Have good understanding of the KRA’s goals and objectives.
- Be resilient, focused, results oriented and a team player.
- Have strong analytical, diagnostic, decision making and problem solving skills.
- Have strong abilities to conduct research affecting business and propose suitable solutions/products.
- Have ability to pay attention to details and work under minimum supervision and for long hours.
- Have strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Have good negotiation skills.
- Be able to build and maintain strong relationships with contracted parties, third party organizations, users and staff.
- Have Change management skills.
- Ability to interact confidently with users to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- Ability to prioritize competing work commitments and deliver on time
- Passion for innovation and creativity
- High levels of integrity
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th July 2022.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process.
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)