Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
AFIDEP is looking to recruit a Research and Policy Analyst who will join our research and policy to work on the generation and translation of evidence, and policy analysis and engagement, in our Population Dynamics and the Demographic Dividend thematic area, the Health and Wellbeing thematic area, or the Environment and Climate Change thematic area. The positions are based at AFIDEP’s Nairobi office.
- Lead the conceptualization, design and implementation of research, capacity building and policy engagement programmes.
- Conduct research evidence syntheses and translation into policy-oriented advocacy materials and accountability tools.
- Conduct systematic reviews of research and related forms of evidence
- Conduct secondary analysis of various data sets to answer defined policy questions
- Promote application of research findings in decision-making processes at national, regional, and international levels.
- Scientific writing for various research knowledge consumers and publishing policy-oriented research in journals.
- Engage policymakers to promote application of research evidence in decision-making processes.
- Build capacity in translation, dissemination and use of research evidence for policymakers and other stakeholders at national and regional levels.
- Lead proposal writing and fundraising.
- PhD in Demography, Sociology, Public Health, Epidemiology, Environment, or Climate Change.
- At least five (5) years’ post-doctoral experience in policy research and advocacy in the development sector or a related field, including at least three (3) years at a senior management level in a research or academic setting;
- Experience in the management and coordination of research programmes and partnerships, and monitoring and evaluation of programmes;
- Experience in multidisciplinary approaches aimed at results for sustainable development.
- In-depth knowledge of current emerging issues in African development;
- Excellent writing skills, including policy-oriented reports and scientific papers for publication in peer-reviewed journals;
- Programme management skills;
- Deep and strategic thinking, with close attention to detail;
- Evidence translation and policy/programme analysis;
- Policy engagement with senior policymakers;
- Strong qualitative and quantitative research and analytical skills;
- Excellent writing and communication skills in English (additional skills in French desirable);
- Strong interpersonal skills with effective team management skills;
- Grants proposal writing and fundraising skills;
- Demonstrable mentorship abilities; and
- Strong adaptability skills to changing research evidence environment.
To apply: Please send a motivation letter indicating your suitability for the position, including the position title “Research and Policy Analyst” on the subject of the email, and a detailed CV which should include three relevant referees, to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12th July 2022. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
AFIDEP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.