Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Crawford International School is one of the leading Cambridge schools in Nairobi. It is located at Tatu City Nairobi and it opened its door in Kenya since September 2018.
Crawford International School believes that every child is a masterpiece and therefore, it takes great care of the children’s talent, education skills and also their health. Crawford International School is also committed in safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
Crawford International School is looking for a committed, dedicated and capable School Nurse with Occupational and Safety Health knowledge and skills. The School Nurse will be required to work full time in our School Community. The School Nurse will report to Managing Director and will play an essential role in the School by helping to provide health services and
Occupational Health and Safety services in the School.
The day-to-day duties will require the School Nurse to
• provide primary healthcare to students and staff members:
• to treat minor injuries and sickness independently:
• support students with chronic diseases.
• make referrals to appropriate hospitals for further medical attendance:
• participate in School safety plans related to physical education, games, and outdoor activities
• educate students and staff on healthy habits such as proper nutrition and hygiene.
He/ She will also be required to ensure compliance with the Kenya Medical Board and Pharmacy Board advisory and all other health laws.
All successful job applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening, including reference checks with previous employers and a criminal record checks with relevant authorities from the country of current employment. We seek to appoint professionals of the highest standard for this position.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide appropriate treatment, health surveillance and care planning, ensuring that medical needs are diagnosed correctly and given appropriate treatment.
2. Take responsibility for the sick bay, ensuring high standards of safety, cleanliness, order and compliance with the necessary regulations.
3. Liaise with other school professionals, such as food service personnel, physical education teachers, coaches, and counselors as needed, for a concerted approach to
health and safety.
4. Propose effective infection control measures by monitoring communicable diseases, and assessing the school environment.
5. Ensure that child protection concerns are documented as per the Child Protection Policy and escalated in line with procedures.
6. Actively participate in school safety plans that address various emergencies that may occur at school.
7. Manage caseloads appropriately, ensuring that staff, pupils and parents are happy with provision.
8. Maintain accurately records in line with medical protocols, including a termly report for the sickbay.
9. Ensure timely communication of information using appropriate channels.
10. In liaison with the Procurement Department, ensure that the sickbay is well stocked and equipped through accurate stocktaking and taking responsibility for inspecting medical supplies against order specifications.
11. In liaison with Procurement Department, ensure proper stock levels, stock inventory and stock reports are well maintained.
12. Detailed medical records of students visiting the sickbay on daily bases to be well maintained and a weekly report submitted to Managing Director on time.
13. Participate and where necessary propose development, review or adherence to medical /health policies.
14. Ensure that all opportunities for Professional Development are taken and recorded.
15. Support the sports department by being in attendance of sports activities for prompt response to any medical issues.
16. Champion physical, emotional, mental, and social health of students by actively promoting better health within the school and providing health-related education on contemporary topics
17. Undertake any other duties within your capabilities that may be assigned to you from time to time.Key Skills and Competencies:
• Holder of Diploma in Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing from a recognized institution.
• Diploma/Certificate or training in counseling will be an added advantage
• Be registered by the Nursing Council of Kenya and be in possession of a valid practicing license.
• Working experience as a school or a regular nurse.
• 5+ years of experience as a School Nurse.
• Knowledge in basic Occupational Health and Safety.
• Working knowledge of counseling models, methods, and resources.
• Ability to identify and respond to students’ needs.
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Excellent listening and problem-solving skills.
• Warm, caring, patient and compassionate.
• High level of integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality.
• Critical-thinking skills.
• Ability to manage time effectively and meet deadlines.
• Competent IT and ability to use the Microsoft suite of packages.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 4th July 2022 to the form below or directly email email@example.com Correspondence: Cover letter and detailed CV to be submitted. Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.