Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Training Assistant
Workplace / location: Field based position in Kakuma, Turkana County, Kenya
Initial contract details: 15th July 2022 to 28th February 2023, 8 months.
Reporting to: Training Coordinator
About Peace Winds Japan
Peace Winds Japan (PWJ) is an international non-governmental organization established in 1996 and operating in over 20 countries. PWJ launched her mission in Kenya in 2012 to provide humanitarian aid, developmental assistance, and peace building among people affected by conflict, forced displacement, and natural disasters. Since 2012, PWJ has been working with refugees and host communities in the protracted humanitarian settings of
Garissa and Turkana Counties to build the resilience of their communities, assist individual behaviour change for self reliant livings, and promote a healthy living environment. In the refugee-hosting Sub-county of Turkana West, PWJ has been implementing projects funded by the Government of Japan, United Nations agencies, and other donors in shelter and
infrastructure development, disaster risk reduction, logistics management, WASH(water, sanitation, and hygiene), and skills development for livelihood improvement.
Role background and purpose
PWJ is an implementing partner of the UN Women in the “Project for Enhancing Women’s Resilience in Refugee Camps and Host Communities in Kenya” (hereinafter “the Project”). The Project aims at building the capacity of youth and women in modern automotive skills, compliant boda boda operations, tailoring while mainstreaming rural entrepreneurship, financial literacy, marketing skills, and the prevention of gender-based violence. Some of the training will be conducted partially in Nairobi, and partially in Kalobeyei. We are looking for a training assistant.
The Training Assistant is expected to provide training administration and project support to he Training Coordinator of the UN Women Project. The Training Assistant is responsible for handling clerical tasks, field level follow ups, and discharging any duties, roles, and responsibilities as assigned from time to time by the Training Coordinator on the aspects of planning, implementation, logistics, documentation, and evaluation of all training under PWJ’s UN Women Project. He/she will be the main point of contact by training participants and some stakeholders.
▪ Participation in the identification, selection, on-boarding, and capacity building of trainees
▪ Administer knowledge tests, surveys, and reviews to Project trainees
▪ Conduct monitoring follow ups, coaching, and support supervision of trainees
▪ Facilitate requisitioning, issuance, delivery, proper utilization, and accountability for Project resources
▪ Organize and equitably distribute stationery, learning materials, tools, and equipment
▪ Organize training venues, ensure the attendance of trainees, and invite facilitators
▪ Document the Project through record keeping and reporting of training sessions, participants progress, and related activities
▪ Maintain training attendance registers, rosters, records, and facilitator/attendee training materials
▪ Ensure the mainstreaming of gender, disability, age, and climate change adaptation considerations during Project implementation
▪ Manage all the logistics for the training sessions and support facilitators in the delivery of training sessions through organization of necessary materials, facilities, equipment and meals, and refreshments
▪ Discharge any other duties as assigned by the Training Coordinator from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
● Diploma in a relevant technical subject relating to automotive skills engineering; technical and vocational education, project management, or business management. Bachelor or higher degree/s will be an added advantage
● More than 1 years’ field experience in implementing technical or/and relevant humanitarian or/and development projects.
● Proven facilitation skills and participatory community development skills.
● Sound report writing skills including clear presentation and interpretation of data and justification of needs, approaches, and quality of results.
● Good digital literacy and record keeping skills
● Experience in dealing with donors and government officials.
How to Apply
We are looking to recruit national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates are cordially invited to send a cover letter (1 page) and resume (maximum 3 pages) as one PDF document. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for taking this post.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application documents should be submitted not later than 11th July 2022 to: email@example.com