Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Position: Training Coordinator
Workplace / location: Field based position in Kakuma, Turkana County, Kenya
Initial contract details: 15th July 2022 to 28th February 2023, 8 months.
Reporting to: Area Manager
Supervision: Training Assistant
About Peace Winds Japan
Peace Winds Japan(PWJ) is an international non-governmental organization established in 1996 and operating in over 20 countries. PWJ launched her mission in Kenya in 2012 to provide humanitarian aid, developmental assistance, and peace building among people affected by conflict, forced displacement, and natural disasters. Since 2012, PWJ has been
working with refugees and host communities in the protracted humanitarian settings of Garissa and Turkana Counties to build the resilience of their communities, assist individual behaviour change for self reliant livings, and promote a healthy living environment. In the refugee-hosting Sub-county of Turkana West, PWJ has been implementing projects funded by the Government of Japan, United Nations agencies, and other donors in shelter and infrastructure development, disaster risk reduction, logistics management, WASH(water, sanitation, and hygiene), and skills development for livelihood improvement.
Role background and purpose
PWJ is an implementing partner of the UN Women in the “Project for Enhancing Women’s Resilience in Refugee Camps and Host Communities in Kenya” (hereinafter “the Project”). The Project aims at building the capacity of youth and women in modern automotive skills, compliant boda boda operations, tailoring while mainstreaming rural entrepreneurship,
financial literacy, marketing skills, and the prevention of gender-based violence. Some of the training will be conducted partially in Nairobi, and partially in Kalobeyei. We are looking for an experienced training coordinator.
The Training Coordinator will be responsible for planning, implementing, coordinating logistics, reporting, and evaluating all training under PWJ’s UN Women Project. He/she will be the main point of contact for all training related inquiries, coordinating with training facilitators, and maintaining communications with relevant stakeholders.
▪ Develop criteria for identification and screening of trainees under the Project
▪ Coordinate selection, on-boarding, and capacity building of trainees under the Project
▪ Design and deploy monitoring and evaluation tools to track Project progress, training service delivery, and impact of the Project. He/she will generate data, interpret findings,Page 2 of 2 and communicate insights to Project staff and stakeholders in a timely manner
▪ Conduct training needs assessments, gauge capacity levels, ensure appropriate content is delivered, and evaluate outcomes of learning
▪ Coordinate participant travel and accommodation logistics from Kakuma to Nairobi, during the stay in Nairobi, and the safe return of trainees to Kakuma
▪ Coordinate training facilitators, partners, and participants to meet Project objectives
▪ Support training facilitators in designing and developing learning materials, plans, and schedules, which are consistent with training agenda, participant capacities, and Project objectives
▪ Develop strategies for continuous assessment and retention after training
▪ Develop Project information, education, and communication materials
▪ Prepare training cost estimates, manage training budgets, and account for resources
▪ Produce narrative and financial reports on the training activities as required for the international office and the donors through appropriate reporting tools.
▪ Develop strategies for the operationalization, promotion, and sustainability of the automotive skills training centre in Kalobeyei and for groups which form as a result of training under this Project.
Qualifications and Experience
● Bachelor or higher degree/s in a relevant technical subject relating to technical and vocational education administration, project management, international development, automotive engineering, or business management.
● More than years’ field experience in implementing technical or/and relevant
humanitarian or/and development projects.
● Advanced planning, assessment and analytical skills with focus on systemic change.
● Proven facilitation skills and good governance approaches.
● Sound report writing skills including clear presentation and interpretation of data and justification of needs, approaches, and quality of results.
● Good negotiation skills and facilitation of multi-stakeholder cooperation.
● Experience in dealing with donors and government officials.
● Good knowledge of current frameworks, debates and strategies of humanitarian and development assistance.
How to Apply
We are looking to recruit national candidates only. Interested and qualified candidates are cordially invited to send a cover letter (1 page) and resume (maximum 3 pages) as one PDF document. In your cover letter please reflect on your motivation for taking this post.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The application documents should be submitted not later than 11th July 2022 to: firstname.lastname@example.org