Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
The University of Nairobi has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support implementation of the Kenya Health Partnerships for Quality Services (HIV, FP/RMNCAH, and WASH) in Nairobi and Kajiado Counties through the USAID Fahari ya Jamii Project. For successful implementation, the Project seeks to competitively fill the
This is a full time position based in Nairobi
The program officer will work with the RMNCAH/FP team to support system strengthening activities in sub counties and high-volume facilities. He/she will provide technical oversight and capacity building on all aspects of RMNCAH/FP to ensure delivery of quality, relevant and quantifiable services. This position will also collaborate closely with the RMNCAH team to utilize
evidence based strategies to strengthen quality of RMNCAH services. This position will report to the RMNCAH/PMTCT Lead Nairobi.
Specific Job Responsibilities
Stay abreast of latest technical developments in the field of RMNACH to apply innovative strategies to RMNCAH programming
Attend county and sub-county level RMNCH/FP technical forums to represent the program as needed
Prepare monthly and quarterly activity plans, budget plans and monthly reports as required
Spear head the implementation and tracking of quality improvement initiatives
Plan, conduct and supervise trainings with the county and sub County health management teams.
Desired knowledge, skills, and attributes
Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree with 3 years RMNCAH/FP experience or Diploma in Nursing with 5 years’ experience.
In-depth knowledge of Kenyan public health sector and clinical settings, including governmental and non-governmental settings.
Training in FP and Reproductive Health and experience.
Registered member of the Nursing Council of Kenya.
Demonstrated interpersonal skills and ability to work well with others.
Proficiency in written and spoken English communication, including presentation, training skills and report writing skills.
Ability to manage tight deadlines and deliver high volumes of work with minimal supervision, and well-developed computer skills.
Terms of appointment
This a position whose tenure is one (1) year contract renewable based on performance and by mutual consent. The salary is negotiable depending on the level of education and work experience.
1. Applicants should email their application letters, certified copies of certificates and curriculum vitae (CV) giving details of their qualifications, experience and three (3) referees, as well as indicating their telephone and e-mail contacts.
2. Applications and related documents should be forwarded through applicants’ Heads of Departments, where applicable, and be addressed to the Director, Human Resource, University of Nairobi.
3. Applicants should state their current designations, salaries and other benefits attached to those designations.
4. The application letter must bear the reference code indicated in the advertisement.
5. Late applications will not be considered.
6. Applications should be emailed to email@example.com as one file in PDF.
CLOSING DATE: TUESDAY, JULY 12, 2022
THE UNIVERSITY OF NAIROBI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.