Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Requisition ID: req28742
Job Title: Front-End Developer
Sector: Information Technology
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
Housed within EHAU, the Signpost Project is a rapidly scaling responsive information service, providing up to date and contextually adapted information and content to equip its clients to make critical decisions about their futures throughout the arc of a crisis. It is our mission to decolonize humanitarian information and shift power back to our clients and we do so be direct engagement with our clients and by developing information products that address self-expressed information needs in our client communities.
The Signpost project is at a critical point of inflection where its proven success is fueling a global expansion and our vision is to install a Signpost project at the heart of every major humanitarian context worldwide – making community-led, responsive information a public good for the aid sector. With rapid scaling, our efforts are focused on building out a technology architecture that can respond to the needs of our programs as they emerge in order to ensure quality.
The Front-end Developer works with the Signpost team to serve as a technical ombudsperson and front end developer that works with Signpost’s implementation teams who deliver information directly to people in need, to solve incoming concerns and feature requests with speed. The Front-end Developer will work on reactive development focusing centrally on solving incoming bugs and features from Signpost teams, test, and deploy new changes. The Front-end Developer is accountable to the Product Manager and country teams in order to improve the user-facing look, design, and functionality of the technologies used to support the Signpost project.
The right candidate has applicable knowledge of web application and custom appliction development, the creation of basic figma and sketch wireframe, and skills in HTML5, CSS3, React Native and various JS libraries and frameworks. The best candidates have experience with teaching, training, and/or customer service and posess the skills required to maintain client relationships across cultures. This candidate is comfortable in a flexible work environment with rapid priority changes and a global scope.
• Develops on Web-based platforms such as Zendesk, Contentful, Mapbox, and custom software.
• Works in close collaboration with cross-functional teams (Humanitarian Project Management, Product management, and Developers) to ensure development projects are delivered on time, within budget, and with high quality.
• Ensures that the design and functionality of user-facing platforms supports program goals and Signpost team objectives.
• Adds tickets in Jira and coordinates with the Technical Project Manager to create sprints
• Contributes to Quality Assurance Testing, Cross browser testing, and User Assurance Testing
• Partners with the product manager and Zendesk partners on product improvement and integration, QA, and end-to-end testing
• Leads documentation of user-facing documentation projects and processes
• Serves as liaison for project teams to improve transparency of the global troubleshooting pipeline
• Lead developer advocate/liaison for Accessibility Development
• Lead developer liaison for Search Engine Optimization on landing pages
• Works closely with Product Management and Brand Managers to create tools and features that enhance the User’s Experience on IRC websites
• Ensures that Zendesk sites and new features are accessible across many platforms, browsers and devices
• Rapidly responds to emergency bug fixing and requests
• Develops technical guidance on front end development within Github and Confluence
• Front-end development of new features across the Signpost domain
• Front-end development of website templates
• Train design and development vendors to onboard them to Signpost systems and technical guidance
Key Working Relationships:
Position Reports to: Product Manager, Signpost
Other Internal and/or external contacts:
Internal: Works closely with colleagues in QA, DevOps, and IT support; coordinates regularly with managers of Signpost projects across the globe to identify bugs and resolve issues
External: Works as part of web development team that includes frontend development, fullstack development, and collaboration with external consultants (including vendors, developers, designers). Works with technology partners at enterprise technology partners. Collaborates with external consultants (including developers and designers).
Minimum: Associates Degree or related course work
Preferred: Coursework in Computer/Information Science or equivalent work experience
2-5 Years Customer Service Development/ Digital Ombudsperson; Web UIs; CMS; Enterprise Web Design; Mobile Application Development; Technical Training
Preferred: Python, PHP, MySQL, SASS, JQuery, Vue
• Advanced skillset in implementing visual designs for web development
• Strong customer service skillset and experience working in a global team
• Passionate about coding accessible websites: Skilled in mobile first and responsive design, User Experience (UX), and Web Usability (ADA & WCAG).
• Experience building applications from mobile SDKs
• Experience collaborating with UX design and customer teams on complex details
• Experienced with multilingual display of right-to-left languages and non-English character sets
• Experience configuring and coding A/B tests
• Experience sorting data using large scripts
• Experience sorting/ importing data/ migrating data between systems of different designs
• Version Control – GitHub
• Front end design systems preferrable– Figma, Sketch, Patternlab
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Licenses or Certifications: None required
Preferred: French, Spanish, Arabic, Dari, Pashto, Russian, or Ukranian
Working Environment: Fast-paced and fluid work environmen
Professional Standards: IRC staff must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Global Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, Accountability and Equality. In accordance with these values, IRC operates and carries out policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti-Workplace Harassment, Respect at Work Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation.