Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duty Station: Mathare Project, Nairobi
Date of issue: 28th June 2022
Deadline for application: 12th July 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF is looking to fill the position of a Daily Worker/Locum Driver. The successful candidate reports to the Head driver.
Objective of the Position:
To drive MSF vehicles for the purpose of transporting patients, SGBV survivors, expatriate staff, people and cargo and to maintain the safety of all included and abide by the Kenyan driving laws.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Checking daily, the technical conditions of the assigned vehicle (state of the tires, oil, fuel, brakes, radio equipment, spare parts, etc.), performing weekly check according to the MSF Logbook, refilling it when necessary, and keeping it clean to ensure it can be driven in perfect conditions.
- Ensuring the security of passengers in the vehicle, driving carefully, observing speed limits and traffic rules in the country as well as MSF security rules, in order to avoid car accidents.
- Ensuring all passengers have all necessary papers in order before travelling, and ensuring non-MSF staff sign disclaimers of responsibility before using the vehicle
- Ensuring correct loading and unloading of the vehicle, submitting the documents to the receiver of the goods, checking the status of delivered goods, returning the duly completed documents to Logistics and ensuring that the goods have the necessary documents
- Ensuring that all vehicle documents and the driver’s driving license are valid and in the vehicle. Informing the line manager of any incident involving the transportation of passengers and/or goods
- Knowing how to use all types of radios, codes, call numbers and radio alphabets by heart and communicating with base according to MSF communications policy to inform the driver’s position and any potential implications.
- Knowing and respecting the security rules related to vehicle movements, specifically those related to customs, checkpoints and roadblocks. Ensuring all passengers know and respect the security rules
- Essential literacy and driving license. Good knowledge of country roads
- Essential: 2 years minimum of previous driving experience preferably with MSF/other NGOs
- Desirable: experience with specific vehicles to use (4×4, motorbikes, etc.)
- English and Kiswahili
- Desirable: knowledge of basic mechanics
- Good knowledge of mission area roads
- Results and Quality Orientation; Teamwork and Cooperation; Behavioral Flexibility; Commitment to MSF Principles; Stress Management
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Daily Worker/ Locum Driver”, to: Email: email@example.com.
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.