Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Duty Station: Mathare Project, Nairobi
Date of issue: 28th June 2022
Deadline for application: 12th July 2022
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international independent medical humanitarian action-driven organization, which offers assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict, without discrimination and irrespective of race, religion, creed or political affiliation. 26 associations, 23 sections, and 16 branch offices make-up the international movement and work in partnership around 6 operational entities.
MSF is looking to fill the position of a Daily Worker/Locum Emergency Medical Technician. The successful candidate reports to the Base Logistics Supervisor.
Objective of the Position:
Provide pre-hospital care, according protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: –
Patient centered care
- As a health care professional inform and educate your patient and provide medical assistance with fairness and equity
- All procedures and treatments recommended must be with the intention to do the most good for the patient.
Ensure the quality of triage
- To identify the most severe cases requiring priority attention (Trauma Room).
Ambulance and ER
- Perform patient assessments, including physical examination of patients
- Provide First Aid, Basic Life Support including but not limited to airway management, circulatory and shock management, clinical assessment, orthopedic care, and patient extrication and safety.
Mass Casualty incidents
- Ensure team and patients safety during Mass casualty incidents.
- Ensure availability of both medical and logistics materials during MCI’s
- Ensure triaging and management of the patients according to triage category.
- Ensure proper documentation and handover.
Emergency Medical Dispatch activities:
- Identifies and localizes the victim
- Evaluates the degree of emergency and gives counsel while awaiting the ambulance
- Dispatches the ambulance and receives the complementary information from the ambulance team
- Prepare the patient’s admission Ensuring accurate and complete documentation
- Complete, comprehensive documentation of patient condition, all interventions and advice provided in the patient forms and/or medical legal documents as per protocols.
- Ensure proper documentation of the activities: fill in registers, informatic files.
- Essential: recognized EMT (Emergency Medical Technician) degree/diploma
- Desirable: 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s.
- English and Swahili
- Results oriented, team player, flexibility, commitment, service oriented
Applicants MUST be Kenyan nationals and have the necessary statutory documents (ID, NSSF, NHIF and a PIN certificate).
Candidates meeting the above qualifications are requested to submit a motivation letter and an updated Curriculum Vitae as a single file mentioning on the subject email line, “Daily Worker/Locum Emergency Medical Technician”, to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications must be received by the deadline. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
MSF is an equal Employer and does not charge any application/ recruitment fee.