Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Closing on 22 July 2022
Michigan State University (MSU) is seeking applications for a Higher Education Specialist and Deputy Chief of Party for the USAID funded Empowered Youth project in Kenya that will support evidence-based and evidence-producing county-level models that empower youth and connect them directly to social and economic opportunities to improve their livelihoods and well-being.
The project is currently implementing year 1 activities and is expected to end in 2026. The position is based in Kenya and reports to the Chief of Party.
The Higher Education Specialist and Deputy Chief of Party will cultivate and manage relationships with universities, as well as other higher education institutions (including polytechnics, technical training institutes, colleagues, and vocational training centers), senior Government of Kenya officials, and development partners. S/he will oversee, among others, innovations in curriculum development and delivery, and capacity development of higher education institutions for the purposes of enhancing youth skills and competencies.
Scope of Work:
Serving as the Higher Education Specialist
- Cultivating and managing relationships with universities, as well as other higher education institutions (including polytechnics, technical training institutes, and vocational training centers), senior Government of Kenya officials, and development partners.
- Overseeing innovative ways of capacity development of higher education institutions, including leading the technical team working on specific activities for this results area.
- Overseeing revision and/or development of innovative ways of curriculum and training programs offered in partnership with higher education institutions to enhance youth skills and competencies and linking them to job opportunities.
- Developing innovative ways of linking higher education institutions to the private sector for the purposes of enhancing job opportunities for youth.
Serving as the Deputy Chief of Party
- Overseeing, coordinating and integrating activities across USAID Empowered Youth’s three key result areas.
- Supervising the work of Technical Leads of USAID Empowered Youth’s key results areas and cultivating strong synergies among these areas.
- Working together with the Gender, Equity and Social Inclusion team to ensure gender equity in the program.
- Engaging in innovative designs and the monitoring of youth employment opportunities in the private sector.
- Supporting the work of the Chief of Party.
The minimum qualification requirements for the Higher Education Specialist are:
- A graduate degree in a relevant field such as higher education/TVET, distance learning, youth/adult learning, curriculum development, ICT and education, international development, or other related social/behavioral sciences.
- Strong understanding of higher education institutions, both in Kenya and the United States.
- Eight years of relevant and progressively increasing responsibility leading programs focused on research, technical training, youth development, workforce development, higher education, livelihoods, private sector engagement, or other fields related to the program with at least four of those years in Kenya or countries similar to Kenya.
- Demonstrated success working with senior higher education officials, university leadership, the national ministry, development partners, and international organization partners.
- Demonstrated track record of working in teams and fostering partnerships.
- Leadership in capacity development of host county higher education institutions (TVETs, colleges, polytechnics, and universities).
- Demonstrated commitment to leadership and career results for women and girls.
How to Apply
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with “Higher Education Specialist/DCOP” in the subject heading.
Deadline for applications is July 22, 2022.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Michigan State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
About the Organization
Michigan State University has been intentionally global for more than 60 years, and is known worldwide as a top research university. It is home to renowned scholars and scientists from around the globe and a vibrant and diverse community of undergraduates and graduate students. MSU leverages international partnerships with scientists and practitioners from academia, the government, private sector, and strategically chosen research and development organizations to create new knowledge and explore innovative and practical solutions to the world’s most pressing problems.