Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Lighsmith in collaboration with Village Capital and supported by the Global Environment Facility, Conservation International, and the Inter-American Development Bank seeks to build an ecosystem for small- to medium-sized companies in emerging markets that have technologies, products, and services that can be used to build resilience to the impacts of
climate change (“Adaptation SMEs”).
To support these SMEs, Lightsmith and Village Capital have designed an innovative technical assistance facility, and seek qualified consultants to provide technical support as per the technical requirements set out in the scope of work below.
Project name ASAP Post program support – Operations Specialist
●Post graduate qualification in a relevant field from an accredited academic institution
●Minimum 5 years of experience in the cold chain logistics sector or related sectors
●Demonstrable experience designing operations strategies for SMEs in the African continent, with preference to West Africa
●Proven track records of working with founders, and entrepreneurs in Africa
●Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
●Familiarity with the geopolitical climate in West Africa
5-6 weeks – Anticipated Start date of July 12, 2022
All deliverables to be completed and submitted by August 15,
2022 Submission deadline July 06, 2022, 11:59 pm – Eastern Time
Submission email email@example.com
– Develop a training plan to rapidly upskill new hires on work procedures that manage the operations of a cold room.Expected outputs
DUE DELIVERABLE DESCRIPTION
Output 1 July 22, 2022
● Operations manual outlining the operations of a cold room including instructions specifically calling out step-by-step actions necessary to
complete an activity, control procedures defining quality control measures within cold rooms, and a list of essential tools and resources
Output 2 July 29, 2022
● Onboarding plan outlining the optimum format for training a staff member on the usage of the operations manual.
Output 3 August 12, 2022
● Post-program report detailing series of actions taken with reference to the scope e.g., workshops conducted, skills training seminars conducted, developed outputs, and the impact on the companies.
SCOPE OF WORK
1. Review the existing operations of cold rooms (virtually, if applicable), any existing documentation guiding cold room operations, and the existing training procedures for new cold room operators. The consultant should leverage the management team for access to undocumented organizational information.
2. Align with management on their perception/target productivity for an efficient cold room operation.
3. Co-develop an operations manual (taking management views into account) that documents the operations of a cold room including, but not limited to cold room design, construction, operating hours, operating processes i.e., how to open a cold room, how to accept produce into the cold room, how to process produce out of the cold room, and maintenance processes and procedures. The manual should take into consideration ISO 9001:2015.
4. Develop an onboarding process documented through an onboarding plan that defines the timelines within which a staff member should master the operations manual.
5. Conduct mock exercises with management to determine the effectiveness of using the manual as an onboarding tool for new employees.
6. Develop a comprehensive asset register detailing tools, and assets essential for cold room operations. The register should incorporate a “how-to guide” detailing usage instructions.
7. Conduct a workshop with the management team to present the operations manual, and collect final feedback prior to submitting the final document.
Proposals should outline:
● Plan to complete objectives
● Consultant (or Team) background and skills relevant to project
● Anticipated time allocation and timeline to achieve each output
● Anticipated budget to achieve each output and the overall scope of work
● Anticipated challenges in developing the outputs, and a mitigation plan
Project proposals will be evaluated on the combination of skills to complete the objectives of the statement of work, efficiency of use of funds, and relevant experience to the project.