Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, CORPORATE STRATEGY AND PERFORMANCE (1 POSITION) – EPRA JOB GRADE 3 (5 YEARS CONTRACT) REF: VA/6/6/2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating development of policies, strategies and programs relating to planning, Corporate performance management, quality assurance and risk management, Resource mobilization, corporate research and knowledge management;
- Initiate the development and review of the Strategic Plan, business plans and work plans;
- Coordinating monitoring and evaluation of the implementation and compliance with the strategic plan, business plans and work plans;
- Advising management on implementation and compliance of the strategic plan, business plans and work plans;
- Coordinate Corporate performance management in EPRA;
- Coordinate development of performance contract in accordance with the PC guidelines;
- Ensuring cascading of the performance contract;
- Coordinating the monitoring and evaluation of the performance contract in collaboration with the relevant government agencies;
- Spearhead the development and operationalization of monitoring and evaluation tools, systems, procedures and standards for programmes and projects;
- Ensure the monitoring and evaluating all Authority programmes and projects (including spot checks and quality assessments);
- Coordinate the appraisal of economic and commercial feasibility of Authority supported projects and advice on sustainability improvement measures;
- Coordinate the undertaking of value for money assessments of funded projects based on the established Value for Money (VFM) parameters;
- Ensuring development of the appropriate corporate research programmes and tools;
- Ensuring establishment and maintenance of a Knowledge Management Centre;
- Ensure appropriate dissemination of accurate and timely information;
- Ensure safety of information and ease of access to information;
- Liaising with the technical departments for access and proper storage of technical research findings dissemination of research findings;
- Ensuring provision of Resource Centre material and publications for use within EPRA and stakeholders;
- Ensuring development of a resource mobilization framework and proposals;
- Advising on strategic partnerships and collaborations for resource mobilization;
- Coordinating review, implementation and improvement of Quality Management System including Risk Assessments;
- Coordinating quality assurance processes and activities;
- Coordinating development of the risk management framework;
- Coordinating Innovation and Protection of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Ensuring development of the departmental programmes, work plans and budget
- Ensuring risk management within the department
- Managing staff within the department and ensuring achievement of the departmental performance targets;
- Ensuring staff within the department are appraised;
- Assisting in developing the Board agenda on strategy and Corporate performance management; and
- Providing leadership within the Department.
- At least ten (10) years relevant work experience five (5) of which should have been at management level;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Public Policy/Administration, Strategic Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Project Management or other relevant and equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Public Policy/Administration, Engineering, Project Management, Business Administration or its equivalent from a recognized institution;
- Member of a professional body in good standing;
- Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks (cumulative) from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer Application Skills;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.