Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Deputy Director, Electricity (1 Position) – EPRA Job Grade 3 (5 Years Contract) Ref: VA/8/6/2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing leadership on research in electric power sector in the country;
- Ensuring compliance and enforcement of regulations and license conditions, including service quality standards;
- Making recommendations for the electrical energy sector with a view to achieving customer satisfaction by offering improved services;
- Overseeing the review of license applications, power purchase agreements and network service contracts by utilities and making recommendations for approval;
- Managing the collection and analysis of information relating to technical and fiscal regulations;
- Preparing strategic and operational plans and setting key performance indicators for particular activities in the Electricity department;
- Assisting the Director in preparation of the Commission agenda;
- Preparing departmental budgets and ensuring effective utilization of resources through effective control;
- Providing effective leadership and management of staff to ensure optimum performance;
- Ensuring that departmental targets are achieved; and
- Management of the resources and assets allocated to the department.
- At least ten (10) years’ work experience, five (5) of which must be in a management position;
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant degree from a recognized university;
- Master’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or a relevant degree from a recognized university;
- Professional Engineer membership with EBK; in good standing;
- Demonstrated results in work performance;
- Proficiency in computer;
- Management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks (cumulative); and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter 6 of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.