Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, MID & DOWN STREAM PETROLEUM (1 POSITION) – EPRA
JOB GRADE 3 (5 YEARS CONTRACT)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring developments in the mid and downstream petroleum and gas sub-sectors in the country and updating the Director, Petroleum on a timely basis;
- Coordinating the development and implementation of performance plans for the department including undertaking staff appraisals to check achievement of set targets;
- Spearheading the development of Regulations, standards and codes of practice for the mid and downstream petroleum and gas sub-sectors;
- Coordinating technical audits of bulk petroleum and gas facilities in the mid and downstream petroleum sub-sectors;
- Coordinating technical investigation of accidents in the mid and downstream petroleum and gas sub-sectors and providing root cause analysis plus mitigation measures;
- Coordinating review and dissemination of reported petroleum and gas information and statistics in mid and downstream petroleum and gas sub-sectors;
- Preparation of briefs for review by the Director, Petroleum on technical matters relating to mid and downstream petroleum and gas;
- Coordinating monitoring of the security of supply of petroleum and gas in the country and updating the Director, Petroleum on a timely basis;
- Participating on a regular basis in industry stakeholder’s review meetings on the state of supply of petroleum and gas in the country;
- Participating in the resolution of stakeholder complaints and disputes in the mid and downstream petroleum and gas sub-sectors;
- Coordinating the preparation of budgets and procurement plans for the department;
- Coordinating the preparation and presentation of papers in seminars, conferences and workshops;
- Coordinating participation of the department in the computation of petroleum pump prices;
- Representing EPRA in international and regional meetings on mid and downstream petroleum and gas; and
- Participating in designated Committees.
- At least 10 years related work experience, five (5) of which must be at management level;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Sciences, Energy Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Masters in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Sciences, Energy Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Demonstration of results in work performance;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- A management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks (cumulative) from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills;
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.