Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, PUBLIC EDUCATION, AWARENESS & ADVOCACY (1 POSITION) – EPRA JOB GRADE 3 (5 YEARS CONTRACT) REF: VA/7/6/2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Initiating the development of policies and strategies to promote the public education and advocacy in regional offices;
- Initiating strategies to advance grassroots advocacy efforts through collaboration with the public in the respective regions;
- Works in collaboration with the Deputy Director, Corporate Communications to actively communicate the Authority’s message and increase public exposure of the Authority at regional level;
- Oversee the development of creative and innovative approaches to strategically engage the public;
- Oversee the development and evaluation of feasibility, efficiency and quality of Information Education and Communication (IEC) materials;
- Ensure the successful implementation of the Authority’s programmes through efficient management of programme budgets and schedules, by ensuring that programme outputs are delivered to the expected level of quality, and through taking corrective action where necessary to ensure the project outcomes and impact are achieved;
- Guide the development of appropriate monitoring tools for advocacy and public education programmes;
- Oversee the development, implementation and review the Authority’s Advocacy strategy;
- Oversee the Development, Review and Distribution of Information, Education and Communication (IEC) materials;
- Creating linkages and partnerships with counties and other stakeholders;
- Coordinating the development of the website content;
- Showcasing to the public innovations undertaken by the Authority at the regional level;
- Coordinate the implementation of sensitization and advocacy initiatives; and
- Coordinate the monitoring and evaluation of public awareness and advocacy activities.
- At least eight (10) years relevant work experience five (5) of which should have been in management level;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Communications journalism, Sociology, Marketing or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- A Master’s Degree in Communications journalism, Sociology Marketing or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Membership of professional body in good standing, where applicable
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.