Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, RENEWABLE ENERGY (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 3 (5 YEARS CONTRACT)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the planning processes to ensure that long-term and annual renewable energy Section plans are developed on time:
- Ensuring that the section has sufficient resources and capacity to implement these plans:
- Leading in making recommendations for the e renewable sectors with a view to achieving customer satisfaction and improved services.
- Providing leadership in the formulation, review and monitoring of regulations, standards and codes of practice on renewable energy.
- Providing leadership in the implementation of renewable energy standards and regulatory instruments on renewable energy.
- Leading in research and providing technical expertise in renewable energy in the country.
- Supervising the collection, analysis, reporting and maintenance of renewable energy data
- Coordinating the undertaking of renewable energy technical audits.
- Coordinating the preparation renewable energy technical audit reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations.
- Evaluating the viability of renewable energy projects for financing purposes and advice the Director General appropriately.
- Supervising consultants undertaking Studies, Surveys and Research on energy efficiency.
- Preparing and presentation of papers for conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Supervising staff in the department including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively, and on time in accordance with the established performance management system
- Representing EPRA in stakeholder meetings on renewable energy issues when required;
- Participating in designated Committees
- Preparing of Department’s Budgets
- Developing of Department’s Procurement Plans
- Managing of the Department’s expenditure budget
- At least ten (10) years of relevant work experience, five (5) of which must be in management role;
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following engineering fields; Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Master’s degree in any of the following engineering fields; Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Be a member of the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) in good standing or Kenya’s Engineering Technologists and Technicians Registration Board (ETTRB) in good standing;
- Attended management course lasting not less than four (4) weeks;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills;
- Demonstrated results in work performance; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.