Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR, UPSTREAM PETROLEUM (1 POSITION) – EPRA JOB GRADE 3 (5 YEARS CONTRACT)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating the development of Regulations, Standards and Codes of Practice for upstream petroleum operations.
- Coordinating the development of guidelines for implementation of ratified treaties, conventions or protocols for upstream petroleum operations.
- Coordinating review of technical, commercial and legal audit reports for upstream petroleum exploration and production.
- Coordinating the development of a framework for the review of budgets and work plans submitted by contractors in upstream petroleum operations.
- Coordinating preparation of advisory memoranda on applications for transfer or assignment by contractors undertaking upstream petroleum operations.
- Coordinating assessment and recommendation of tail-end production and cessation of all upstream petroleum operations.
- Coordinating verification of measurements of petroleum production to allow estimation and assessment of royalties and profits.
- Coordinating verification of the recoverable cost of oil, gas and coal under the petroleum agreements
- Recommending and advising the Director, Petroleum on policies and legislation affecting petroleum exploration, development and production.
- Coordinating evaluation of reports, data and samples submitted by petroleum contractors.
- Coordinating review and approval of the technology to be used in Enhanced Oil and Gas Recovery
- Providing timely advice on the circumstances that may affect execution of signed petroleum agreements.
- Coordinating inspection and testing of machinery or equipment used in coal operations.
- Participating in the resolution of stakeholder complaints and disputes in the upstream petroleum sector.
- Coordinating the preparation of budgets and procurement plans for the department.
- Coordinating the preparation and presentation of papers in seminars, conferences and workshops.
- Representing EPRA in international and regional meetings on upstream petroleum.
- Participating in designated Committees.
- A minimum of ten (10) years of relevant experience, five (5) of which must be at management level;
- A Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- A Master’s Degree in any of the following engineering disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) (cumulative) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Demonstration of results in work performance;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.