Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
DIRECTOR, ECONOMIC REGULATION AND STRATEGY (1 POSITION) EPRA
JOB GRADE 2 (5 YEARS CONTRACT)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing thought leadership in energy pricing
- Overseeing the review, processing and approval of power purchase agreements for electrical power;
- Overseeing the review, processing and approval of network service contracts;
- Overseeing the setting, review and adjustment of retail electricity tariffs;
- Overseeing the review and analysis petroleum refining, storage and pipeline transportation contracts and the monthly computation of the retail price caps for regulated petroleum products;
- Monitoring and evaluation of competition in the energy sector;
- Monitoring and evaluation of the performance of sector utilities;
- Providing thought leadership in energy planning;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Indicative National Energy Plan;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Least Cost Power Development Plan (LCPDP) for electricity;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Petroleum Investment Plan;
- Overseeing the preparation of the Master Plan for Renewable Energy; and
- Providing thought leadership on energy data and statistics;
- Overseeing the collation and maintenance of energy data and statistics;
- Providing thought leadership on energy policy;
- Providing thought leadership on regulatory research and policy analysis;
- Overseeing regulatory research and energy policy analysis agenda;
- Monitoring and evaluating the performance of the energy sector;
- Overseeing the development of the long-term strategic plan for the Directorate
- Preparation of position papers;
- Management of expert studies and Energy Sector Surveys;
- Preparation and presentation of papers for conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Managing the performance of the Economic Regulation Directorate’s team; including completing performance appraisals, personal development and succession plans effectively, and on time in accordance with the established performance management system;
- Managing staff from other departments; when reviewing Power Purchase Agreements [liaises with Electricity, Legal and EHS Departments]; when handling retail tariff reviews, [liaises with the Legal, Electricity Renewable Energy Petroleum and Communications and Public Affairs Departments];
- Managing staff attached from peer regulatory bodies;
- Participating in designated Management Committees;
- Maintaining high level Liaison and coordination with selected external stakeholders including potential investors, Donor organizations, Regional associations, and industry lobby groups; and
- Representing EPRA in various local, regional and international meetings.
- At least ten (12) years’ work experience with at least six (6) years in management
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Econometrics, an Applied Economics Discipline, Finance or Business Studies, from a recognized university or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Econometrics, an Applied Economics Discipline, Finance or Business Studies, from a recognized university or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Membership in good standing of a relevant professional body, where applicable
- Certificate in Leadership Course lasting not less than six (6) weeks from a recognized institution
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills.
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.