Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ELECTRICITY OFFICER (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 6 (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
Duties and Responsibilities
Power Systems Function
- Formulating and implementation of regulations for the supply and use of electrical energy;
- Conducting technical audits of power utilities and electrical installation and preparing reports;
- Monitoring generation, transmission, distribution and supply projects;
- Carrying out accident and incidence investigations;
- Collecting, analysis, reporting and maintenance of power systems data;
- Preparing position papers and briefs on regulation compliance, accident/incidence investigation and technical audits for the Director Electricity & Renewable Energy and EPRA management; and
- Preparing of annual work plans and procurement plan.
Consumer Installations Function
- Developing regulations and standards for consumer installations and metering. with other statutory bodies and agencies;
- Monitoring performance of electrical contractors and workers against established standards;
- Providing technical input in the review of retail electricity tariffs;
- Undertaking electrical accident and incidence investigations and submit reports;
- Conducting technical audits of electrical installations sites and metering points and prepare reports;
- Maintaining an up-to-date database of electrical installation certificates (wiring certificates);
- Maintaining records of electricity meters in use;
- Participating in designated Committees; and
- Participate in preparation of Section work plans and budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree in any of the following Engineering fields; Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical or its equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Graduate Membership of the Engineers Board of Kenya (EBK) in good standing;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.