Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
ENERGY PLANNING OFFICER (1 POSITION) EPRA JOB GRADE 6 (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE) REF: VA/38/6/2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitoring and evaluation of Vision 2030 projects and preparing reports for the Vision 2030 Secretariat;
- Review and analysis of statutory trading arrangements; including electric power purchase agreements, network service contracts and petroleum refining, storage and pipeline transportation contracts;
- Preparation of the Indicative National Energy Plan pursuant to Section 5 of the Energy Act, 2006;
- Preparation of the Least Cost Power Development Plan (LCPDP) for electricity;
- Preparation of the Petroleum Investment Plan;
- Preparation of the Master Plan for Renewable Energy;
- Setting, reviewing, adjusting and investigating tariffs and tariff structures in the energy sector; and
- Conducting capacity building in the area of energy- economics- environment analysis.
- Bachelor’s Degree in any of the following disciplines: Economics, Econometrics, an Applied Economics Discipline, Finance or Business Studies, from a recognized university or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.