Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER, GAS (1 POSITION) – EPRA JOB GRADE 4 (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leading the technical audit of licensed bulk gas facilities and inspection of transport vehicles for purposes of ensuring conformity to standards and compliance to Regulations;
- Coordinating the preparation and dissemination of audit findings reports;
- Reviewing technical audit reports prior to communication of the audit results to auditees;
- Reviewing Corrective Action Plans given by auditees to ensure that key audit recommendations are considered;
- Planning and organizing follow ups to ensure full implementation of audit recommendations;
- Leading the technical investigation of accidents at gas facilities including organizing for multi-agency teams to establish the root cause;
- Coordinating the development and continuous update of a compliance matrix for mid and downstream gas bulk storage facilities to ensure follow up audits are properly scheduled;
- Coordinating the development and continuous update of a risk matrix for bulk gas storage facilities in the country to ensure that high risk facilities are regularly;
- Coordinating the preparation of quarterly reports for the section;
- Participating in the development and review of standards, codes of practice and regulations for mid and downstream gas facilities, products and equipment;
- Planning and organizing the collection, collation, analysis and reporting of statistics in the mid and downstream gas sub-sectors;
- Coordinating the preparation of budgets and procurement plans for the section;
- Preparing and presenting position papers and briefs in conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Representing EPRA in international and regional meetings on mid and downstream gas; and
- Participating in designate committees as assigned.
- At least 8 years of relevant work experience, three (3) of which must be in a supervisory position;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Sciences, Energy Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- A Masters in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Petroleum Sciences, Energy Studies or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Certificate in management Course lasting not less than four (4) weeks (cumulative) from a recognized institution;
- Demonstration of results in work performance;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.