Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
MANAGER, UPSTREAM PETROLEUM (DEVELOPMENT AND PRODUCTION) (1 POSITION) – EPRA JOB GRADE 4 (PERMANENT & PENSIONABLE) REF: VA/21/6/2022
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinating evaluation and approval of the contractor’s reports on the number of wells to be drilled to reach production objectives,
- Leading the review of the recovery techniques to be used to extract the fluids within the reservoir,
- Planning and organizing the review of the type of production installations depending on environmental characteristics,
- Coordinating the review of the separation systems for gas and fluids and the proper treatment systems needed to preserve the environment.
- Leading the review of reservoir engineering studies made by contractor(s) as well as the development and application of reservoir optimization techniques.
- Coordinating review of reservoir data, analysis and calculations, and applying models to characterize reservoir or field properties.
- Participating in economic evaluations, field evaluation, field development, and decline curve analysis.
- Coordinating the prediction and evaluation of water flooding and Enhanced Recovery performance.
- Coordinating monitoring activities to optimize producing assets from a reservoir perspective carrying out reservoir simulation studies to optimize recoveries.
- Coordinating evaluation and recommendation for approval reservoir performance prediction, cost-effective monitoring and surveillance programs;
- Leading the review of contractor(s) reports on estimates of oil in-place volume.
- Providing oversight for the subsurface engineering required for proper reservoir management of assets by the contractor.
- Coordinating the evaluation and recommendation for approval of Oil-Well and reservoir remote sensing technology and surveillance data for deciding on appropriate and enhanced engineering interventions.
- Preparing budgets and procurement plans for the section.
- Preparing and presenting position papers and briefs in conferences, seminars and workshops.
- Representing EPRA in international and regional meetings on upstream petroleum.
- Participating in designate committees as assigned.
- At least eight (8) years related work experience; three (3) of which must be at supervisory level;
- A Bachelor’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- A Master’s degree in any of the following disciplines: Chemical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Energy Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Civil Engineering, Geology or equivalent qualification from a recognized university;
- Certificate in Management Course lasting not less than four (4) (cumulative) weeks from a recognized institution;
- Membership to a relevant professional body in good standing;
- Demonstration of results in work performance;
- Proficiency in Computer applications skills; and
- Fulfilled the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution.
Mandatory Requirements for all Positions
Applicants MUST provide the following documents on application:
- A Signed application letter;
- A detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating their current and previous employers, positions held, current and expected salary, level of education and names of at least three professional referees, two of which must be working in the current organization;
- Copies of academic and professional certificates;
- Copy of Birth Certificate; and
- Copy of National Identification Card.
Interested and qualified individuals are required to submit their applications through email Recruitment22@epra.go.ke not later than 5.00 p.m. on 31st July 2022, addressed to the undersigned:
The Director General,
Energy & Petroleum Regulatory Authority (EPRA),
P.O Box 42681 – 00100,
EPRA is an equal opportunity employer. Youth, female candidates, Persons with Disability (PWD) and marginalized are strongly encouraged to apply.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to avail original and copy of application letter, Curriculum Vitae; certified copies of the relevant academic and professional certificates; national identity card; birth certificate and valid clearance certificates from KRA; HELB; EACC; Credit Reference Bureau and Kenya Police as per chapter six of the Constitution during the interview.