Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Organization and position overview
Diakonie Katastrophenhilfe (DKH) is a branch of the German “Protestant Agency for Diakonia and Development” (EWDE). DKH is also member of the ACT Alliance and an active member in the ACT Somalia Forum, and a signatory to the Charter for Change. The global approach of DKH is to operate in crisis affected countries through the partnership with local humanitarian organizations and members of the civil society to deliver humanitarian assistance to people in need. Thus, DKH projects are usually implemented by local partner NGOs and monitored by DKH staff. Under the umbrella of the Somalia Crisis Programme (SCP), DKH has projects in Djibouti, Somalia and the Dadaab refugee camps in Kenya.
DKH is looking to hire a finance officer to support the finance and administration function of the Somalia Crisis programme (SCP) from the regional office in Nairobi.
Overall Job Purpose
Provide support to the finance function in the Somalia Crisis Programme
Roles and responsibilities
- Raising payment requests for settlement of expenses incurred by the Somalia Crisis Programme and following up on payment processing.
- Posting /booking payments and other entries related to the SCP in the accounting software.
- Prepare timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, final and ad hoc financial reports for the Somalia programme.
- Preparation of monthly cash/ bank reconciliations for the Somalia Crisis Programme.
- Treasury management of the Operations budget including cash forecasting, funds requisitions and reconciliations between other projects.
- Support the finance control officer in Mogadishu in controlling of projects assigned by the supervisor to ensure compliance with donor policies and requirements.
- Ensure proper and complete documentation of all payments in accordance to the financial policies and procedures of DKH.
- Reconciliation of payments made by Regional Office on behalf of the Somalia Crisis Programme and vice versa.
- Assist in coordination of audits.
- Reconciliation of project balances as per the final reports presented to HQ and the DKH accounting software.
- Identification of office/programme needs and follow up on the subsequent procurement process with the logistics and procurement department.
- Provide remote support to the Somalia team on the administrative and procurement processes.
- Assist the programme coordinator in preparation of the Operations budget and master budget.
- Provide support to the programme coordinator in donor reporting
- Support in the administration of the Health insurance scheme for the Mogadishu staff.
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Skills and Competencies/ Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in a business-related field (Commerce, Accounting, Finance, Business administration) or other relevant field from a recognised university.
- CPA II qualification or ACCA equivalent
- At least three (3) years of relevant work experience in INGOs
- Computer literate with significant experience in Microsoft Office packages and proficiency in MS Excel
- Significant experience with QuickBooks and/or other accounting software.
- High interpersonal skills with a strong analytical approach in problem solving & management
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good team player with cultural sensitivity in a diverse team with players of different nationalities and cultural background
- Strategic and critical thinker who can take proactive initiatives for changes
- Willingness to travel to complex environments e.g. Somalia
- High resilience, improvisation, and flexibility
- Compliance with DKH code of conduct and PSEA standards
How to apply
The DKH-Somalia Crisis Programme is an equal opportunities employer. Female and disabled candidates will be preferred in case of competitive relevant qualifications.
If you are the right candidate please explain your motivation and abilities to fill this position by sending a signed application letter, your signed CV, list of references (all in .pdf format) to:
mentioning “FO-SCP” followed by your name in the subject line.
The deadline for receiving applications is 10.06.2022