Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Diakonie Emergency Aid – Regional Office Nairobi seeks to recruit a suitable candidate to fill the position of Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator
Reports to: Regional Director
Tasks of this position
- Develop and roll out Hunger crisis response plan
- Provide strategic and effective leadership in pulling together DKH hunger crisis response plan reflection, proposal development, and any scale-up
- Support DKH offices and partners involved in the hunger crisis response to develop frameworks for responding to the humanitarian needs of the people affected by food insecurity
- Work with offices and partners to strengthen/develop national and sub-national level plans with particular focus on ensuring the delivery of an effective, efficient, timely responses.
- Work in close cooperation with the Berlin based Technical Unit Head and contribute to the development of an overall DKH Food security and Nutrition plans and related standard operating procedures
- Programme Implementation & Programme Quality
- Oversee the planning, preparation, and implementation of hunger crisis response projects, ensuring that they are delivered according to relevant guidelines and standards and ensuring a harmonized approach across different programs and partners.
- Provide technical input and guidance regarding Food Security, Livelihoods and Nutrition to DKH teams and partners throughout the PCM cycle
- Assist country offices in preparing proposals for global but also country or crisis focused projects and programs towards hunger reduction
- Support the undertaking of studies, need assessments, and surveys and ensure the findings inform Food Security and Nutrition programming and support partners in reviewing and analyzing program data
- Oversee the monitoring and impact evaluation of the hunger crisis response in conjunction with partners’ teams and undertake regular monitoring visits
- Ensure quality, transparent, inclusive, and accountable programming to beneficiaries, governments, and donors.
- Promote the integration of cross-cutting themes such as (social) protection, gender, accountability to affected populations, etc.
- Capture lessons learned and good practices
- Support capacity building of staff and implementing partners
- Produce monthly and periodical hunger crisis response updates
- Representation and Coordination
- Maintain and further develop DKH’s existing network of key humanitarian contacts country based, regionally, and globally within the food security and nutrition sector
- Actively participate in the cluster system and other coordination meetings in the Nutrition and Food Security sector
- Act as DKH’s focal point on Nutrition and Food Security in regional relevant networks and working groups
Carry out other tasks upon request
Qualification and experience:
- Extensive experience working in large-scale humanitarian and resilience programming
- A degree in Agriculture or related sciences
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator
- Experience in emergency relief and early recovery, with special emphasis on the following sectors: Food Security, Livelihoods & Cash and Voucher Assistance
- Proven experience in Coordination (at regional and global levels being an asset)
- Sound knowledge of and skills in project cycle management, needs assessment, project planning, proposal writing, including extensive experience in grant management; strong MEAL experience (also remotely)
- Ability and willingness to work with partners and colleagues remotely
- Knowledge of and experience in rules and regulations as well as implementation of back donor funded projects, especially DG ECHO, German Federal Foreign Office and German Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development
- Experience in working through local partner organizations based on equal partnership principles and in providing them technical and other backstopping support
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles and other key principles of international NGOs including accountability, localization, impartiality, neutrality, independence
- Excellent training and mentoring skills with the ability to multitask
- Experience working in different cultural work environments and ability to perform tasks with sensitivity to the local culture, to interact effectively and professionally with persons from diverse cultural, socio-economic, educational, ethnic, and professional backgrounds
- Languages: Fluent in written and spoken English and French. Swahili is desirable.
- Excellent listening and communication skills: ability to organize and present information, views, and concepts in a concise, understandable, and interesting way for a variety of audiences, both written and oral
- Highly organized, detail oriented, and proactive; able to come up with initiatives or undertake actions with minimal supervision, yet excellent team player
- Outstanding personal attitude: especially sense of responsibility, ownership, diplomacy, concern for quality
- Outstanding personal values: integrity, commitment, respect for diversity, patience, excellent interpersonal skills, and sense of humor
- Ability and willingness to travel to countries with challenging security contexts where the program is implemented
How to apply
Diakonie Emergency Aid is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on any basis.
If you are interested in applying for this position please submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com latest by Sunday, 10th July 2022.
Indicating “Food Security and Livelihoods Coordinator” in the subject line.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.