Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to firstname.lastname@example.org or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
About Evidence Action
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters.
By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
The Internal Auditor position is a new position within the organization. Reporting to the Regional Director, Africa Region, the position will lead the establishment of the function in close coordination with the Chief Financial Officer and the Director Finance & Operations – Africa Region. This includes developing applicable operating procedures, standards and tools for the internal audit function, as well as annual, risk-based work plans. The position will be responsible for the examination and analysis of financial, operational, and programmatic policies and procedures to evaluate relevant risks, determine if internal controls are appropriate and being applied correctly, and prepare reports with recommendations to manage risk and improve performance for identified countries, programs and departments. The Internal Auditor will also conduct investigations related to loss, financial and programmatic fraud, and corruption in coordination with Human Resources.
- Lead Internal Audit planning including the preparation of detailed audit work plans for each department, country, and field office in coordination with CFO, and Regional Director, Africa with the scope, objectives and procedures based on an evaluation of applicable risks.
- Conduct testing and analysis of specified areas identified in work plan by conducting interviews, reviewing processes, and using samples and other data to ensure compliance with organization policies and procedures and best practice. This will require travel to field offices.
- Draft comprehensive and complete reports including the results from the audit reviews assessment of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal controls and adherence to these, identify areas for improvement and any reportable issues that need to be elevated to management for actioning in addition to the associated risk.
- Verbally present results to country and regional management to obtain responses on the findings and alignment of the actions to address such findings.
- In collaboration with regional department leads and country directors, identify and recommend ways to increase efficiencies of processes and internal controls.
- Develop tools to track audit data and ensure that follow up actions are performed as agreed
- Draft Internal Audit reports and dashboards for leadership.
- Conduct investigations related to loss, financial and programmatic fraud, and corruption in coordination with Human Resources.
- Build trust and a positive relationship at all levels of the organization by approaching the work with a spirit of collaboration and collective improvement to advance Evidence Action’s Vision, Mission, and Values.
- Tactfully follow-up on agreed upon recommendations.
- Escalate higher level issues to CFAO and Regional Director.
- Other duties as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related fields. A masters degree would be an added advantage.
- Certification in internal auditing is a plus
- Four to five years of experience in internal auditing in international non-government organization.
- High level of data analytical skill
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Experience in conducting investigations a plus
- Ability to remain objective and independent
The official working hours are 8:00am to 5:00pm from Monday to Friday. However, this job requires a flexible person as one may work beyond official working hours including weekends.
The position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya
Equal Opportunity Statement
Evidence Action does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.