Get a free C.V. review by sending your C.V. to email@example.com or click the following link. Submit C.V.! use the subject heading REVIEW.
IMPORTANT: Read the application instructions keenly, Never pay for a job interview or application.
Click the Links Below to Get Job Updates.
Jacaranda Health, a non-profit organization started in 2016 that works in collaboration with The Ministry of Health to help improve quality of care in public hospitals and reduce maternal and newborn deaths in Kenya. We do this by developing innovations that are high-impact, accessible, financially sustainable and can be implemented at national scale. Our goal is to
have these solutions adopted as the national standard of care as we move towards achieving universal health coverage (UHC). In Kenya, we work with 20 counties, with solutions deployed across 800+ hospitals and health centers. At Jacaranda Health, we are committed to addressing systemic inequities in health care by centering our work within the public health system, and
driving measurable and sustained impact on the way care is accessed and delivered for those who need it most.
HR is the “people” part of an organization, and the people are the most crucial piece of successful organizational change. HR as a change agent helps bridge the gap between the requirements of a change project and how that change is personally impacting employees. We are in the growth phase of our organization, our team has also grown rapidly with our FTEs
more than doubling in 2 years. The Head of HR & Admin will be strategic in the development and execution of the people change management plan in collaboration with the Executive team. The HoD will supervise and provide consultation to management on strategic staffing plans, compensation, benefits, training and development, budget, and labor relations. He/She will also be expected to take a leadership role in developing a culture that enables employees to perform in accordance with the organization’s objectives as well as manage and ensure that all HR related administrative tasks are up-to-date and compliant with regulatory requirements.
Location: Based in Nairobi, Kenya.
Reports to: Country Director
Preferred start date: 15th July 2022
● Develop and execute the HR strategy in alignment with the organizational objectives and goals particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, maintenance of organizational culture and succession planning
● Provides support and guidance to HR generalists, management, and other staff when complex, specialized, and sensitive questions and issues arise; may be required to administer and execute routine tasks in delicate circumstances
● Leads in the development and revamping of organisation policies to align with the growing organisational needs and requirements
● Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new
technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law
● Manages the talent acquisition process, which may include recruitment, interviewing, and hiring of qualified job applicants, particularly for managerial, exempt, and professional roles; collaborates with departmental managers to understand skills and competencies required for openings.
● Analyze and advise the executive team on trends in compensation and benefits; researches and proposes competitive base and incentive pay programs to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
● Creates learning and development programs and initiatives that provide internal development opportunities for employees as well as improve productivity of staff
● Oversees employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
● Maintains compliance with local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews policies and practices to maintain compliance.
● Providing and executing on an HR Change Management Plan
● Acting as a key communicator about the change and providing verbal and written communication that explain the old vs. new process
● How a change impacts an employee’s position, pay, hours, etc.
● Setting up systems and channels to support staff during the change
● Helping Change Team Anticipate Resistance
● Assessing, providing and executing on solutions to any legal, change or transition risks identified
● Managing employee and employer relationships
● Creating a rewarding company culture
● Overseeing disciplinary action
● Performs other duties as assigned.
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
● Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills.
● Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
● Strong change management execution skills
● Ability to support and advise a growing management team in HR related matters
● Strong data-driven analytical and problem-solving skills.
● Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
● Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
● Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
● Is a team player and able to collaborate with others
● Effective facilitation and influencing skills.● Strong stakeholder management skills.
Education and Experience:
● Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
● A minimum of 7 years of human resource management experience, preferred in a growth organization
This position is expected to be a contract of 12 months, renewable.
To Apply: Interested candidates should send their applications to
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis